Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Freshers week help!!

Options
  • 24-08-2011 1:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi, starting in UCD in September and just wondering what the craic is with freshers week. When is it on? Any advice on how to get the most out of it?
    Anything else a clueless prospective student should know:) ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Freshers' week is the second week of lectures so I'm guessing the 19-23rd September (could be wrong). Basically, you can join sports clubs and societies during that week. The best way to enjoy it is to join as many clubs and societies as possible and drink as much as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Donnald_Darko

ok, thats great!! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Zen65

The best way to enjoy it is to join as many clubs and societies as possible and drink as much as possible.

Certainly do join a number of clubs and societies, and more importantly get involved with them. I regularly interview University graduates and nothing impresses me less as an employer than a student who has passed by the opportunity to get involved in any number of sports & societies but does not. There's an activity for everybody there.

As for "drink as much as possible" ..... I know the advice was intended in humour, but I strongly advise against it. College is fun, and best experienced in a way that you'll actually remember what happened there. Be drink aware :)

Z

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Zen65 wrote: »
    As for "drink as much as possible" ..... I know the advice was intended in humour, but I strongly advise against it. College is fun, and best experienced in a way that you'll actually remember what happened there. Be drink aware :)

Z

Well we are talking about Freshers' week here, not the entire time one is in college.

Advertisement