Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Hospital Cuts

Options
  • 23-08-2011 11:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭

Tweet by Denis Naughton this evening;

"Doubts over future of Mullingar A&E; Portiuncula A&E budget cut by €1m/month; Roscommon closed-Whole region left without emergency service".

If they leave this region without emergency services I am going to stop paying my car tax, tv licence, bin charges, parking fine, speeding fine, hospital visit charges, and any other tax which I have control of.

The country has ceased to function anyway. The only people who are satisfied are the very rich or those who choose to go on social welfare. Idiots like me who work hard and pay over half my salary in tax to keep this banana republic in funds are perpetuating this farce.

Meanwhile the numpty's in Dublin debate whether they should get a Luas DXD or a Metro North.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭goalscoringhero

Chipboard wrote: »
    Tweet by Denis Naughton this evening;

"Doubts over future of Mullingar A&E; Portiuncula A&E budget cut by €1m/month; Roscommon closed-Whole region left without emergency service".

If they leave this region without emergency services I am going to stop paying my car tax, tv licence, bin charges, parking fine, speeding fine, hospital visit charges, and any other tax which I have control of.

The country has ceased to function anyway. The only people who are satisfied are the very rich or those who choose to go on social welfare. Idiots like me who work hard and pay over half my salary in tax to keep this banana republic in funds are perpetuating this farce.

Meanwhile the numpty's in Dublin debate whether they should get a Luas DXD or a Metro North.....

I think you got it almost right.
    Leave those on social welfare alone, or back your claim up with numbers (but I guess it's just a vent of frustrated air).

However while we're at it, where are those legions of freeloaders who fraudulently claim social welfare? Where are they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Chipboard

I think you got it almost right.
    Leave those on social welfare alone, or back your claim up with numbers (but I guess it's just a vent of frustrated air).

However while we're at it, where are those legions of freeloaders who fraudulently claim social welfare? Where are they?

I didn't say anything about freeloaders or fraud. I don't think that all people who are on social welfare are freeloaders. The 100,000 or so people who were on social welfare during the boom were freeloaders. The vast majority of people who are on social welfare now are genuine. I said that the only people who are satisfied are the very rich (because they don't have to repay their debts and the Banks won't pursue them for instalment orders and send the sheriff after them like they do for someone who owes €15,000) or those who choose to go on social welfare. If they choose it then by definition they must be happy with it, unless that is they normally choose things which make them unhappy.

Advertisement