Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FETAC messing up costing students college places

Options
  • 23-08-2011 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Has anyone had any problems with fetac not passing on correct award details to colleges and had it cost them their college place?

Surely in this case there is an onus on fetac to rectify this so that the student doesn't miss out through their mess up??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

Nope, and I don't know of anyone who has had that happen to them either. I'd suggest you get in contact with your college asap and if that doesn't work contact FETAC.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Tammyxxx

Help Does anyone know do you go about deffering one's collge coures for a year?

Any info is greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 28,165 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Are you talking about Fetac/Plc? We don't defer, you just have to re-apply, that might not be general practise though.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Further Ed.

In general FE colleges do not offer deferral options and you will have to apply again for 2012.

In reference to FETAC messing up - my experience has been that it is the Admissions Offices of the HEIs who have made mistakes in calculating the FETAC points. If you think there has been a mistake then it is worthwhile emailing the Admissions office and asking them to clarify the points calculated for you. It is more common that you think and is partly due to the complex method of calculating the FETAC points and the different systems in use.

Advertisement