Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amy Winehouse wasn't on drugs when she died.

Options
  • 23-08-2011 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/sns-rt-us-amywinehoutre77m40u-20110823,0,821000.story
    LONDON (Reuters) - Toxicology tests showed there were no illegal substances in British singer Amy Winehouse's system when she died last month aged 27, her spokesman said on Tuesday.

In a statement, he added that alcohol was present, but that it could not be determined what part, if any, it played in her death.
    "Toxicology results returned to the Winehouse family by authorities have confirmed that there were no illegal substances in Amy's system at the time of her death," the statement read.
    "Results indicate that alcohol was present but it cannot be determined as yet if it played a role in her death."

Wow, I'd thought she was ODing but guess that is ruled out now.

RIP Amy.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Geekness1234

Nobody really cares TBH OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

You cared enough to respond!

I imagine in this forum quite a few would be interested. I found news of her death to be very tragic, I wouldn't be a huge music fan but thought her songs were very good. Since her death some of her work is quite poignant, particularly Love is a losing game, RIP Amy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Doctor Doctor

I agree that people do care. None of this will bring her back, but I am really glad that they didn't find drugs in her system. I am sure that this will bring a little comfort to her family and friends. People were too quick to condemn her.
    RIP Amy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

This is the familys report, Gerry Ryans family came out with the same result. Its the lifelong abuse that does the damage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,710 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

The report says there were no ILLEGAL substances found in her body, nothing said about the legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,613 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Reports can say a lot of things, particularly med reports; doesn't mean they are true. I would take the findings with a pinch of salt. Couple brown envelopes and any report could be thrown out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Dymo

Also it doesn't say what she was tested for, to find a substance they have to test for a presence of the drug. If they didn't test for cocaine they wouldn't of found it, same for Heroin.
    The family revealed the results of a toxicology test in a statement released today.

But then
    Winehouse's formal cause of death remains unknown and will be not be released until October.

Bruce A. Goldberger, a toxicology professor at the University of Florida, said the negative toxicology result does not rule out the involvement of a drug or a combination of drugs that could have been missed by the testing procedures or were metabolized before the test.

He said some prescription drugs, illicit drugs and "designer" drugs can escape detection.

Nor does this test result rule out the toll years of drug and alcohol abuse could have had on Winehouse's body.

source: http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/amy-winehouses-death-toxicology-report-finds-drugs/story?id=14362860

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Yeah she died of totally natural causes at age 27 after years of drug and alcohol abuse..no connection there nosiree!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,120 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

No ILLEGAL substances.

Benzos and alcohol, one of the most common forms of overdose. I'd put money on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 RTaylor

Wow :eek: I think everyone just assumed....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Machine they used to test for drugs exploded so they put zero,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Wow, some really great doctors on here - knowing and presuming how a person died without even seeing an autopsy report, toxicology report or the corpse for that matter. You guys should be getting paid for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    This is the familys report, Gerry Ryans family came out with the same result. Its the lifelong abuse that does the damage.

Gerry (RIP) was in his 50s, Amy (RIP) was 27

It can get you at 19 or 99 but it will get you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 SallyWally31

I was shocked at this. A little comfort to her family tho :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

I was shocked at this. A little comfort to her family tho :(
    What, that she probably died drunk and on prescription meds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 alvinphee42

Everyone jumped the gun.

Your Belfast lad, Alvin Phee.

Pace2008 wrote: »
    What, that she probably died drunk and on prescription meds?

No... that she died not taking hard drugs which she had been doing. She had beat her drug problem. Yes, she still had a drink problem but her Dad said he was sure it wasnt drugs and now he is proven right, it wasnt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Not a professional opinion but would it be too much to presume that her body just gave up after the years of abuse? She had probably already done the damage regardless of whether she was clean or not at the time...

• Advertisement

Not a professional opinion but would it be too much to presume that her body just gave up after the years of abuse? She had probably already done the damage regardless of whether she was clean or not at the time...

Thats exactly what happened, good point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

This was my first instinct when I heard she died. Her body just gave out, and I'd say it was alcohol more so than the drugs that did most of the damage. Her parents always said that it was alcohol that was her real problem. Drinking as heavily as she did for as long as she did was bound to have serious repercussions. She managed to get off hard drugs, but she never really stopped drinking, and I'd say it was alcohol that was mostly to blame for a lot of her problems and her eventual death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Cami_Cato

Anyway, RIP, Amy:(

Advertisement