Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

26 County Charity Cycle for Good Morning Drogheda.

Options
  • 23-08-2011 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hello All.

This cycle will involve four teams of cyclists (racing bicycles) in a relay. It starts and finishes in Drogheda and will take place over the weekend of 3rd & 4th Sept 2011 and will pass through each of the 26 counties. Each stage is 30 miles long approx. and is scheduled to take about 1 hour 45 mins for the cyclists.
    I'm one of the support drivers for Team Delta and I would normally be on my Fazer but that's another story.
    I'm looking for volunteers to act as outriders/marshals for this event.
    In particular volunteers from the Limerick, Clare, Galway, Mayo, Offaly, Westmeath, Sligo and Donegal areas. I don't want to come across as ungrateful, but I already have volunteers to cover the east, south east and south of the country.
    If you are interested volunteering for any stage or stages please pm me with your name and contact number.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Fazer6

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Any idea of the route through Cavan? Would love to support this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

I'm flat out that weekend already but I'll mention it to anyone who might be around. Can think of one or two who might be available. Any idea when it'll be around the Sligo area?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Fazer6

Any idea of the route through Cavan? Would love to support this!

Hello unclebill98.

The Cavan/Monaghan/Louth route is Ballyconnell, Belturbet, Butlersbridage, Cavan, Bailibouough, Shercock, Carrickmacross, Ardee, Collon, Drogheda.
    Please pm me with your contact details for more information.

Regards.

Fazer6.

AgileMyth wrote: »
    I'm flat out that weekend already but I'll mention it to anyone who might be around. Can think of one or two who might be available. Any idea when it'll be around the Sligo area?

Hello AgileMyth.

According to the route planners we should be in the Sligo area 8 am ish on Sunday morning.

Regards.

Fazer6.

Fazer6 wrote: »
    Hello AgileMyth.

According to the route planners we should be in the Sligo area 8 am ish on Sunday morning.

Regards.

Fazer6.
    Cheers, I'll see if I can round up one or two for you.

• Advertisement

Thanks for your support AgileMyth.

The 'Sligo' stages are Ballaghadeeren/Charlestown/Tubbercurry/Sligo Town/Grange/Bundoran/Kinlough/Manorhamilton and on to Blacklion in Cavan.

Please pm me with your email address and or phone number and I can give you more details.

Fazer 6.

Hi Lads.

Any update on this?

Regards.

Fazer6.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

Fazer6 wrote: »
    Hi Lads.

Any update on this?

Regards.

Fazer6.:confused:

Hi Fazer6,

PM'd you there over the weekend, did you get it?

Hello All.

I'd just like to say a big THANK YOU to all the motorcycle volunteers who helped out on the cycle. Many of the cyclists had no experience of a marshalled cycle before and they were all well impressed by the motorcycle marshals.

Thanks again.:D

Fazer6.

Never ride faster that your Guardian Angel can fly.

Fazer6,

Very sorry about not getting back to you on this, just forgot all about it! Glad it went well for you anyways.
    If you're doing anything like this again I'll try and make it up to you then!

• Advertisement

Thanks AgileMyth.

I'll hold you to that. :-)

Fazer6.

Advertisement