Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XGC Casuals - Saturday 27th August

Options
  • 23-08-2011 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭

Anyone turning up for this? Usual drill. XGC at Liffey Street, I should be in at 1:30 - 2:00

And yes stevo, I'll bring the pad :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I should be in. No idea what time but probably earlish.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭powerofscience

Should be in around 2 or so, unless something comes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

I'll be in before work as per norm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Cool, I can try out my new converter too just got it today:D

Nutrient wrote: »
    Cool, I can try out my new converter too just got it today:D

Sweet! Now you can scrub it up on both consoles. Just kidding, by the way are you gonna bring BB again? (I'm assuming you will)

• Advertisement

SOMEONE BRING 3S. Or will I format my phone memory card to work with an xbox???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Will be in for BB, Marvel and 3S.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Sweet! Now you can scrub it up on both consoles. Just kidding, by the way are you gonna bring BB again? (I'm assuming you will)
    SOMEONE BRING 3S. Or will I format my phone memory card to work with an xbox???

I'll bring in BB and I'll try bring in 3rdS

But I'll assume at least 6 people will bring in 3rdS so I may not try super hard:D

Yeah I'll bring 3S too, and the CS2 update assuming my USB can hold all of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Bring 3s.
    Anybody.

PLEASE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,988 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Bring 3s.
    Anybody.

PLEASE.

Why don't you just buy it yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

hopefully be there also, trying to sort out the funds

kiki added 4% to the 29% no meter with sonya using same amount of inputs ;)

also if could maybe get the e15s from the consoles on sat, ps3 i rented and xbox my brother rented,wasnt enough cash at end of day so dunno if it was cause of the numbers or it was put in pot for future casuals or what,i dont mind if that is the case, as im new to the casual scene im not sure how everything works yet :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

I'm going, I feel like the sf casuals scene is slipping lately

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

hopefully be there also, trying to sort out the funds

kiki added 4% to the 29% no meter with sonya using same amount of inputs ;)

also if could maybe get the e15s from the consoles on sat, ps3 i rented and xbox my brother rented,wasnt enough cash at end of day so dunno if it was cause of the numbers or it was put in pot for future casuals or what,i dont mind if that is the case, as im new to the casual scene im not sure how everything works yet :o:o

yeah thats why i think we should charge 7 50 or soemthing. also voa ows 10 to the community. all I know is you and your bro are ow 15 euro each right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

There will be AE at this right? :p

Fergus_ wrote: »
    There will be AE at this right? :p

Arcade Edition is yesterday's news. Apology edition is what's in...... And 3s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

chueytoo wrote: »
    yeah thats why i think we should charge 7 50 or soemthing. also voa ows 10 to the community. all I know is you and your bro are ow 15 euro each right?

Correction on that, I'm holding a tenner for the community pot.

And they're both owed 20, they each paid in a fiver on top of renting.

I agree with increased cost for people who are there from 2pm till like 11. The fiver cost was proposed when casuals never went past like 8 or 9 and we all got there at like 3-4. If you're gonna be there from early till late, you should pay more, that'd be my sense of it anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,988 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

€5 should get you four hours.

Basically €2.50 for every two hours you're there.

€5 should get you four hours.

Basically €2.50 for every two hours you're there.

Works for me...... Or 1 euro an hour maybe???? I normally rent so I'm ok with any price. I know some are so skint they only come once every 2 weeks so they might not like it

Should talk about it tomorrow anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

The fiver was basically set up when we would be there for about 4 hours, as it would cover all costs and generally allow for a little bit of money towards the community.

How do people not pay more when staying for 9/10 hours? If you there for over a four hour period (a reasonable time over said four hours. You'll know when you cross that threshold. In the same way if you only pop in quickly then you don't pay a fiver) then you throw in another fiver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

ye me and bro did pay the e5 on top of the rental but agree that if people there all day should pay more with the xtra e5 etc,dont mind that at all, so would it be cool if we got 15e back each instead the 20e??

ill play 10e 2moro so aswell cause planing to be there from like 2-10pm

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

At the Wednesday casuals I was at during the week there was 3 consoles rented when I arrived one had 2 folks on ae, the other 2 had a lone person(s) playing bb and mk respectively.

Maybe cool the jets on getting multiple consoles till there's a fair crowd.

Also we need to get best of 3/5 going on setups, get more rotation going.

Speed Boat wrote: »
    At the Wednesday casuals I was at during the week there was 3 consoles rented when I arrived one had 2 folks on ae, the other 2 had a lone person(s) playing bb and mk respectively.

Maybe cool the jets on getting multiple consoles till there's a fair crowd.

Also we need to get best of 3/5 going on setups, get more rotation going.

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yeah the problem is mainly that people go crazy with the number of consoles and don't get rid of them again after people have left in the evening. Enforcing the fiver extra for more than 4 hours works too.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BourketheJerk

I'll be in tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I agree with the rotation of 3/5 sets.

I dunno about the extra cost for casuals though, like I take a bus up and it's a bit costly already. I'll pay it if it's necessary anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

With more thrifty hiring of consoles and rotation of players the cost shouldn't fluctuate much above 5.

Also I'll be in for a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Oh ye I'll be in as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

On my way now, will bring AE, CS2 and my profile can download 3S there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Might be able to make it in for awhile, I'll bring my BB, USB with DLC and a pad, just incase. Might play some MVC or something while I'm there, might start playing whenever Ultimate comes out, but I figure I'll just mess around and see if I like it while there first.

Advertisement