Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eyelash tinting in dublin city centre?

Options
  • 23-08-2011 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any experiences of a good place to go for eyelash tinting in dublin city centre?
    Also, how long on average does the dye last before it fades?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cocokay

hey mb, i don't know if you would be confident enough to tint your own?
    i was sick of paying 15 euros for brow & lash tint that seemed to fade within a couple of wks so what i did was go to terrisales on abbey st and bought my own kit for 40 euros. it sounds a lot but thats only 3 sessions at the beauticians and this will last me yrs!
    its got:
    brown tint
    black tint
    blue-black tint
    mixing pot
    peroxide for mixing the tint
    brush
    tint remover (for stains/spill)
    large tub of petroleum (ie vaseline for putting around your eyes)
    i do all my friends now! it can be tricky to do your own eyes but the brows are a cinch.
    just something to think about if you get it done regularly, i am dark haired but my lashes and brows are a bit lighter so look weird so i was getting it done every 6 wks or so...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MB Lacey

Thanks - that's a good suggestion, but it's not actually for me, I was going to buy a voucher for someone from wherever was recommended as a good place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Are you insane? I personally wouldn't recommend you tint your own eyelashes OP. Beauty therapists have been taught how to mix and apply properly and have the knowledge of cosmetic chemistry ect behind it.

Whatever about your own eyebrows, but I'm a beauty therapist and I wouldn't even tint my own lashes.

It's also all well and good tinting family and friends until someone has an allergic reaction and you have no insurance. You'd be surprised then to find out how understanding your friends are.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

I tint my own lashes all the time with the kit you get from the chemist for €11. Saves a fortune, I follow all the instructions and did a test patch beforehand so I don't see a problem

jadie wrote: »
    I tint my own lashes all the time with the kit you get from the chemist for €11. Saves a fortune, I follow all the instructions and did a test patch beforehand so I don't see a problem
    Which are designed for use by regular women, and instruct you exactly how to use it and carry out patch tests?

Maybe I am over reacting, but Im horrified that someone would actually buy professional products (which states should be used by professionals only) and not only use it on themselves, but on other people.

To me, its akin to buying a bottle of peroxide, and letting my friend bleach and dye my hair..

Not a hope in hell..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

um yes actually they are designed for use by "regular women" as you put it- they are home use kits. Just like buying home use hair colourants

Yes the chemist ones are -- just like home hair dye.

The set the other poster has been talking about -- not so much.

Advertisement