Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGCE in england after a BA in French and Irish??

Options
  • 23-08-2011 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey,

I'm starting university here in Ireland soon and am going to do French and Irish in a bachelor of arts degree. However, when I have my degree I would like to go to England to do my hdip or pgce or whatever it's called. Just wondering can I do it in england for primary teaching with the subjects I have chosen?

(also can I do one for secondary teaching? Cos I'm not 100% sure which I'd like to do yet)

Would really appreciate some help, thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

As far as I know you could, but Irish wouldn't be of any use to you for secondary teaching in England.

One thing you should look into is whether you would still have to do the SCG Irish exam if you trained in primary teaching in England, even if you had Irish to degree level.

Advertisement