Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diving companies at The Great Barrier Reef

Options
  • 23-08-2011 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm currently over in Oz at the moment and am planning a few dives on The Great Barrier Reef. I currently have my Open Water and am just looking to do around 6 or so fun dives whilst I'm up there rather than doing my Advanced License. I don't really mind basing myself in Cairns or going out on a live aboard for a few days. I'd hope to do around 6 dives.

I've been checking out companies but there are so many it's hard to decide on one. There are also lots of cruises offering all sorts of trips which include a dive but I just want to dive and nothing else.

- Are there any companies you guys recommend?
    - Live aboard or not?
    - How many dives do you think is enough to get a good look at the reef?

Cheers for any help!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭Moanin

I dived there a few years ago from Port Douglas on the Poseidon.Very well organised outfit

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ciaranb52

Pro-dive in Cairns are great. I've been out with them a few times on liveaboard trips and they've always been excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

Haba in Port Douglas is another one. I'd base yourself up there, lived there
    for 6 months myself great spot.

Advertisement