Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bus from athlone it to athlone CC

Options
  • 23-08-2011 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

hi, starting a course next week in athlone community colloge, but my bus drops everyone at athlone it..does anyone know if there is a bus which goes from the it to community college in the mornings and evenings, or what is the best way to get from one to the other in a hurry...thanks:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭teaholic

Nope there isnt one.

What bus is it? A private bus or a Bus Eireann Bus? If its a Bus Eireann one, your best bet is to go to the station on it and walk down to the Community college, or if the driver is nice, he might let you off at the top of St. Mels and walk down from there.

There is no other option than getting a taxi from the IT to the CC, but that will end up costing you a bomb!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ange1509

thanks for your reply..its a private bus i will be travelling on and Athlone IT is the only stop in Athlone :( thanks anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭teaholic

If you have time, it isnt too bad of a walk to the CC, Do you know Athlone? Across from Valley Court go up the hill across from it, turn left and the CC is down that road.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Mully_2011

If the bus drops you at AIT there is a small buses there at the bus stop in Willow that brings you into town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭wesf

teaholic wrote: »
    If you have time, it isnt too bad of a walk to the CC, Do you know Athlone? Across from Valley Court go up the hill across from it, turn left and the CC is down that road.

yeh its not that bad of a walk at all! wouldn't be nice in winter though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭vinamax

Yeah, going up Killyon Hill (across from Valleycourt/Bonavalley Medical Centre), turn left at the top, keep going up the next hill and take the turn off to the right at the top where there's a sign for ACC.
    I advise you to bring a brolly and a good wet coat in Winter, and a change of socks and trousers. Then again, I'd recommend that to anyone commuting.

Do you know anyone who would be driving there?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭bensonx

hiya, i went to athlone cc fore 2 years and of course theres a bus, they drop everyone at garrycaslte fas and then you walk over to spar and get on a shuttle bus to the college, and then they bring you back again in the evening, 100%
    i remenber being worried about that too when i started,
    what course are you doing?
    its a great place

Advertisement