Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meistersinger Watches

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

They are beautiful, and I like the idea, you know when I win the Lotto.... or probably the Euromillions, I won't care exactly what time it is, so why would I need a minute hand, and I'm really starting to wonder why I need a second hand now :D

EDIT: Oh yeah I'm a doctor, probably do need a second hand!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭marcus1971

They are really stylish looking, deffo one to research, really uncluttered - fresh and crisp looking.

Zagato wrote: »
    They are beautiful, and I like the idea, you know when I win the Lotto.... or probably the Euromillions, I won't care exactly what time it is, so why would I need a minute hand, and I'm really starting to wonder why I need a second hand now :D

Just wear a regular watch on one arm and one of these on the other, tell everybody its a Sphygmomanometer, thats a bit what it looks like.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I get real twitchy when ordinary watches have a date. That's a complication too far for me. The only one I have that does, died a death on my wrist after a few months of infrequent wear. That's fate I say :D
    Bloody weirdo. :D I suppose with all the life saving and such you deserve some slack. But only some mind. They even catered for weirdos like you back in the day;
    d4c93855.jpg
    That big subsecond and early chronographs with heart rate increments on the dial were very popular for folks like yourself. Indeed the very early centre seconds hand watches were aimed at docs and pilots.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Blackpitts

I had one of them, the N.1 - white dial, manual movement, but with the open case which is available only one the n.3 now (the one with the automatic movement)
    It was a dressy watch, with a nice finish, definitely an interesting one. It made me realize why the minute hand is not that important at the end of the day.
    You can get a second hand one for 500-600 euro these days.

I've flipped it to buy another watch, but if i buy another one i'd go for one with a function like the Perigraph (showing the date),

1745014gross.jpg

or the Singulator ( I LOVE the regulatour watches!) although it is listed for about 4k! :eek:
    ms-032.jpg

Their 3 hands watches are just average tho, I'd rather go for a Junghans Max Bill in that case...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

For the cheapskates among us ...or those who would like to "test drive" this whole one hand thingy before comitting to an expensive Meistersinger, there is (as always :D) a (Belo-) Russian alternative:

luch9.jpg

offered by different sellers on the bay for around fifty quid

http://cgi.ebay.de/Unique-Authentic-Russian-Watch-LUCH-with-ONE-Hand-NEW-/180667587495?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item2a10a09ba7

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

That looks very nice. Thanks for sharing P.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Blackpitts

peasant wrote: »
    For the cheapskates among us ...or those who would like to "test drive" this whole one hand thingy before comitting to an expensive Meistersinger, there is (as always :D) a (Belo-) Russian alternative:

and for those not obsessed with Russian watches :p:D, there are Kemmner watches...
    This german guy Roland Kemmner (erkahund on eBay) was the engineer at Fricker responsible for various Precista watches, including the fabled PRS-2 Dreadnought. He also sells watch parts and self-branded watches directly, though these appear to be better known in his native Germany (in such venues as uhr-forum.de) than in the United States.
    This single hand watch has the same Unitas movement and it is priced around 250 euro
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZjr1ahDrlR4LX4YAQ8Tz-uiAcdsJIhNj2QmX2hfBjEKX7zvn9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

And the wife is going to Germany in October :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,284 ✭✭✭Homer

Damn.. I'm on a bit of a hiatus at the moment with herself due to the amount of watches that have arrived in the last 8 weeks so will have to come back to these at a later date.. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Well it's best to start as you mean to continue. I'm forever reminding my wife that she knew about all my vices/problems/addictions before she married me, and making issue of them now is futile :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,284 ✭✭✭Homer

Well it's best to start as you mean to continue. I'm forever reminding my wife that she knew about all my vices/problems/addictions before she married me, and making issue of them now is futile :D

I would but she is in the process of buying me that Rolex submariner ND as an engagement present so better keep quiet for a while :D Once I have that the buying will commence :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Homer wrote: »
    so better keep quiet for a while

Just buy the Luch and tell her it's for her ...because it really is a ladie's watch at heart :D

luch13.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Nolimits

The quality wouldn't be the same as the above, but if anyone wants to try a reasonably priced one handed watch then Roy at RLT sells some about 4/5ths of the way down this page http://www.rltwatches.co.uk/acatalog/RLTwatches.html

Advertisement