Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unemployed, unqualified, hopeless!!!

Options
  • 22-08-2011 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi, im hoping someone can give me some advice as right now i feel so hopeless and lost in life.
    I am a 26 year old male, worked in construction for 6 years but now im unemployed for the past 2 and a half years, ive no useful qualifications and have only been able to get 3 interviews in that time and nothing came from them, i feel so useless i dont think anyone would employ me but i send out my cv almost everyday for any opening and never get anywhere.
    Right now i am living on the dole and getting 194e, every week my rent loan and other bills amount to near 155e plus dog food leaving me with under 30e a week to have a life and eat! I have done a business course which doesnt seem to have helped and started an accountancy course last year which i failed as i could not afford the bus a lot of weeks, this failure stops me getting btea for another course. I really dont know what to do! I cant get a job, i cant afford a course or to emigrate.
    On top of everything i am so alone, i dont really have anyone as i cant afford to do anything so people have just left me alone now i go weeks without seeing anyone even my gf is getting so distant think she has lost all respect for me she doesnt even touch me anymore and that makes me feel so useless as she deserves so much better!
    just hoping to get some advice from someone in similar situation or someone who has gone through it as right now i struggle for a reason to get out of bed in the mornings!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Have a look at bluebricks.ie (SPRINGBOARD). I know you say you cant afford the bus but maybe there is something that can be done by distance.
    Its a site which lists lots of courses that are available free to people on social welfare, you may find something there that suits you and that you can use to gain qualifications to get you up and running. At the very least it will help pass the time and show initiative when applying for jobs.
    Good Luck OP

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Bloody Nipples

Would you consider going on the BTEA and applying to college or for FETAC courses that would let you work through the levels to an employable qualification?

You're only 26, not over the hill yet and it's not too late to retrain and "upskill" yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 craig12

haha, cheers man! i was doing that but the extra cost of attending was leaving me with no money every week so some weeks i just could not go in now because i failed last year i dont qualify for btea for any worthwhile course and none with fas! Just applied for a course with springboard, so hopefully i qualify for that! it would be something at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Bloody Nipples

What about applying for council grants?

Advertisement