Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family campsites in Connaught

Options
  • 22-08-2011 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

Looking for a family campsite that people could recommend in the Connaught region for next weekend. Somewhere preferably within 90 mins of Galway which would pretty much cover all of Connaught!

It will be a first time experience with kids so preferably someplace close to a town which would open up more options when the weather might not be the best.

I have seen the ones on www.camping-ireland.ie and I'm sure there are others that are not on this website, but would prefer to get personal recommendations.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Try http://www.westporthouse.ie/ in Mayo. We have stayed here a couple of times and love it.

The trip would be 1hr & 30mins though, probrally longer with caravan.

You could try Clifden, about 1hr from Galway, lovely site's to see and you could stay in http://www.clifdencamping.com/, you could visit Kylemore Abbey, Roundstone, trip out to Inisboffin.

Enjoy, lovely part of the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Just back from Renvyle camping site. Lovely area. I think there's also one down closer to Lettergesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 jullian

Hi,
    Try Actons Beachside Caravan & Camping Eco-Park just 10 minutes from Clifden town. www.actonsbeachsidecamping.com This is a quiet & private campsite with its own private beach.Spent some time there over the Summer, the ground is dry & clean even after heavy rain.Great for kids who want to do crabbing,swimming etcsmile.gif

Forgot to add this site also has a strict 'child protection policy' in place on the site!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

Thanks for the replies.

I think for a first time camping experience with kids Westport House is the best option with all it has to offer.

• Advertisement

make sure you check the price

Why? Sure aren't all the details on the website.

exactly!!

Same prices I was given when I phoned the other day.

Glad you took my advise

• Advertisement

me too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Has anyone stayed in Pairc Saoire in Spiddal, or the caravan and camping park in Carraroe? Would like to camp out that side next week but can't find any reviews of either of these sites. I know there's three sites in Salthill but I'd prefer somewhere less crowded.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Roundstone=wow:)

RubyGirl, thanks for the recommendation on Westport House - It was great.

Really lovely campsite, good clean facilities, onsite restaurant and bar and great for kids.

Advertisement