Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

September Beers - 24th September @ the Ship & Shovell, Charing Cross

Options
  • 22-08-2011 12:55pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Yes, it's Beers time. Or planning-beers time, at least.

We're about due a central beers again, so I'm going to suggest that old stalwart The Ship & Shovell.

In terms of dates, I'm of two minds, so I'm giving ye a choice in the matter.

Please post in-thread to let me know if you can make it, and if so which date suits you better.

Which date do you prefer for the next beers? 5 votes

Saturday 10th September
    0%
    Saturday 24th September
    100%
    ChRoMephilologosthee glitzx43r0bul87 5 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

I picked the 24th as I'll be in Crete on the 10th :)

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭OhThePenguin

Either date suits me at the moment so I'll leave it a bit before I vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Voted the 24th Ive nothing planned except the Irish match in the morning :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Mc Kenzie

id say id beup fo rthis i voted 24th, thank god il be moved in and more settled at this point its been so stressfull....:rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I went for the 24th too, suits me a teensy bit better.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I'm on the fence, as I don't know which would suit me better! I'll try to turn up to this one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭dr_funkenstein

I'm on holiday until the 19th so 24th is obviously better for me ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Right gang, looks like it's the 24th for beers so.

I'm going to suggest we go for a 7:30-8ish start, though as it's central and there are some good food places nearby (Wagamamas, Gourmet Burger Co., that tiny Mexican place we found a while back) we could meet for grub beforehand if anyone fancies it.

The venue is The Ship & Shovell in Craven Passage, with Charing Cross as the nearest tube station.

As ever, if you've not been along before, PM me and I'll send you my number so you can contact us on the night.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Ooh, haven't had Mexican food since I arrived here, would def be up for going for grub beforehand if it's Mexican!

Who should I ask for some numbers or some thing to make sure I make the correct pub or something on the night?

• Advertisement

Mexican food! Can I bring a hat? I'm there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Tobyglen

How often do you meet up for beers? I'm moving over on the 28th September & wouldn't mind meeting up with some new people!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

should be up for it and my plus one! :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

afatbollix wrote: »
    Who should I ask for some numbers or some thing to make sure I make the correct pub or something on the night?
    PM sent :)
    Fishie wrote: »
    Mexican food! Can I bring a hat? I'm there!
    You can, but depending on how ridiculous it is we may pretend not to know who you are.
    Tobyglen wrote: »
    How often do you meet up for beers? I'm moving over on the 28th September & wouldn't mind meeting up with some new people!

It tends to be around once a month, though sometimes there's a longer gap between them.

If you fancy meeting up before the next one you can always post in the Events & gig buddies thread to see if anyone wants to go for coffee/food/beer/cinema/something fun. (As always, sensible anti-pedobear steps should be taken if you're meeting people for the first time).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I'm working that day and the next (masochist) so my plan is to have no more than three drinks (Ha! Famous last words...). Looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

I'll definitely go to this. Only moved here a few weeks ago so don't know that many people but from glancing at the other threads ye seem like a sound lot:)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Dr.Giggles

I'm up for this too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Are you talking about Lupita when you talk about a Mexican restaurant near Charing X? Excellent place and they do really great mojitos! I've been there a couple of times and both times it was packed out, which might be an issue for a Saturday evening...? But I'd be up for that place, it's yum!

Er, if that's not the Mexican you were talking about I'll just be over there hiding under my sombrero...

I couldn't remember the name of the place, but Jack B. Badd tells me it was the Benito's Hat Mexican Kitchen. It's more like a fast food place in terms of layout (a fast food place with decent grub and a sideline in cocktails :D).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Benito's Hat in Covent Garden? Amazing burritos!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Fysh, you know there's a Benito's Hat near us at UCL? It's on Goodge Street. The lads in my office are mad for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

if my car is MOT'd by then i'll head in.

You'd drive into the city? Are you mad?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Drive, you're bonkers..Hop on a tube!

Between getting into town, finding parking, and then having to drive back home out of town later, I can only interpret this as some sort of byzantine suicide attempt. I mean, I've heard of suicide by cop, but suicide by London traffic is definitely a new one to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

afatbollix wrote: »
    You'd drive into the city? Are you mad?
    Drive, you're bonkers..Hop on a tube!

i'm out in the sticks, have driven in for the past 9 years any time i've gone in, bar one, when i had to get the last train home at 11.00. that's a serious buzzkill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Saturday 24th September
    Will be going home on the 24th but I'm sure I'll catch up with ye' at some other point. It's hard to believe I've been in London a month now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Funky Kingston

Can I come along?? I'm a newbie to London and would love to meet some new people !!:)

Ooh I'd forgotten about this! Fysh, I will wear an extra embarrassing hat just for you. Something like this :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Fishie wrote: »
    Ooh I'd forgotten about this! Fysh, I will wear an extra embarrassing hat just for you. Something like this :D

:) Extra kudos if it's filled entirely with salsa!

Advertisement