Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Level 7 to level 8 course?

Options
  • 22-08-2011 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

I got my CAO form in the post this morning saying i was accepted to computing level 7 course but i wanted to do computing in level 8 but did not get accepted... if i complete the level 7 can i then go on for the level 8 and will i have to then do all 4 years of the level 8 on top of the other 3 from the level 7 or how does that work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

No, you would do the Level 7 course, then do the 1 year of a Level 8 course.

So four years in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭cirx08

are you completely sure of this? and if i accept the course am i still eligible to get accepted the original level 8 course i wanted at the start or is that out of the question?...

Think about it - why would you do years 1,2,3 of a level 7 course, and then years 1,2,3 & 4 of a level 8 course? Years 1,2 & 3 of both courses would most likely be identical.

What college and course are you talking about?

Dundalk Computing DK721 (level 7) and DK821 (level 8)

Ok, it's not clear if you can do that on the college website, but I would be reasonably confident you could.

Probably best to give the college a shout.

• Advertisement

ok will do, thanks

Advertisement