Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters in psychology via online or distance learning

Options
  • 22-08-2011 12:01pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm considering doing a Masters in psychology, but for the moment, I'm not ready to move away. So, I'm thinking about doing it through a distance or online program. I can't find much in the way of Masters degrees on the Open University website at the moment, so can anyone recommend any other schools that they know of? I've found one in Forensic Psychology with the University of Liverpool and Health with the Ulster. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Right now, I'm open to all disciplines within psychology.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Vaughn616

Hi,

As far as I know Harvard University in America offer most of their courses as distance learning so you may be able to find something there. Also i think Durham has a distance programme in developmental psychology too.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

Newman University have a distance MSc in Clinical Applications in Psychology that I know of a few people doing and have heard it's quite good. The Open Uni did one in Research Methods, which also was popular but their postgrad course are currently under revision so don't know if it'll be quite the same afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭texidub

Centre for Psychoanalytic Studies in the Uni of Essex offers distance learning (not sure about Masters but def PhDs): http://www.essex.ac.uk/centres/psycho/about/

Advertisement