Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beers of the world hamper

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Quoting the list for others to have a quick glance.
    Moosehead 350ml (Canada)
    Nastro Azzuro Peroni 330ml (Italy)
    James Boag 330ml (Tasmania)
    Tsingtao 330ml (China)
    Cobra 330ml (India)
    Samuel Adams Boston Lager 355ml (USA)
    Hoegaarden 330ml (Belgium)
    Flensburger Gold 330ml (Germany)
    Coopers Sparkling Ale 375ml (Australia)
    Speights Gold Medal Ale 330ml (New Zealand)
    Brooklyn Lager 355ml (USA)
    Singha Gold 330ml (Thailand)

It really depends on what he's in to. Personally I would get him a few bottles of this.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/285/776

There are sites like that above or beerpal.com which will give you a top x list of foreign beers if you were stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 so many qs

Wow, thanks for the quick reply. I probably should have mentioned that I need the beer this week and my budget is around €30. Is this available in stores or only online?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

For me personally the Molloys selection above is a little uninspiring, but it's certainly an option.

Deveney's in Dundrum do a seasonal 'beer box' that kind of fits the bill for what you're after ...

http://deveneysbeer.blogspot.com/2010/10/deveneys-beer-box-delivered-nationwide.html

However its €50 all inclusive, more than your budget (I only mention it in case you can stretch to that).

Drinkstore.ie also have a selection of gift packs that might suit... Or you could pick out individual beers on there.
    http://www.drinkstore.ie/GIFT-PACKS/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Any woman who buys her man a present of beers is a legend. He is a lucky man.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

For me personally the Molloys selection above is a little uninspiring, but it's certainly an option.
    uninspiring, but it might suit somebody who is used to mass produced beers.
    so many qs wrote: »
    I want to get my boyfriend a selection of beers. He's not a beer expert by any means
    What would he usually drink, do you ever see him order bottles of pints of bottle conditioned beer or strange bottles you have never seen before, e.g. beer which is cloudy looking from yeast in it.

If he is say a heineken/carlsberg/bud drinker then the molloys mix might be the better bet. Many of my mates baulk at the sight of what I drink!

I cannot make out what is in the Deveney's box, but I would guess they might be bottle conditioned and greatly different from what he is used to.

I made my brother up a selection before for a present and stuck to spaten, staropramen, erdinger kristal (clear) etc. All were clear beers and not wildly different from what he usually drinks. He never touched the erdinger dunkel I gave him once before (a dark beer).

• Advertisement

Ha Swampy, I'll make sure to tell him that.

Quite pleased with the three part present I've put together this year. And for that reason, I'll stick to the budget- though thanks Black Sheep for the suggestion.

Rub a dub, he is indeed a Heineken drinker, though he has been to a few beer tastings.

After all that, I'll go for the Molloy's pack. I just wanted to make sure people didn't think it was rubbish. It sounds like it might suit him, just for a bit of fun.

Thanks guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

so many qs wrote: »
    It sounds like it might suit him, just for a bit of fun.
    I'd be well pleased if I got that. If you can manage to have it chilled beforehand it would be an extra bonus if he wanted to try one right away.

On my last birthday I woke up to find the fridge full of beers and a little stick on "happy birthday" note on them. (no I didn't start drinking at 8.30!):pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I think the Molloy's Hamper would be a great gift for someone just starting out and hasn't become a beer snob just yet. :) It stays fairly close to a Lager drinkers palate without scaring them off. I don't think it'd suit someone that is really really into their beers though as it'd be a little too samey.

A lot of the beers I drink now, and what I'd consider favourites, I wouldn't have touched, or more so wouldn't have enjoyed, if I had've tried them 10 years ago.

Love it, I'll have to rob the stickers idea. That would go down a treat.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    :) It stays fairly close to a Lager drinkers palate without scaring them off.

That's exactly what I wanted to hear. Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Molloys Clondalkin

The words rip off come to mind ;)

Advertisement