Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oakleigh Wood, Cars broken into, vandalised

Options
  • 22-08-2011 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Living in Oakleigh Wood in Dooradoyle, last night a silver golf in one of the apartments nearby had it's spoiler stolen, someone just pulled it right off the back of the car whcih was parked outside the owner's apartment.
    Has anyone heard anything about similar issues around the apartments? I've noticed a lot of broken glass in the visitor car park recently as well.
    PMI manage the estate and as far as I know they don't have any cctv installed, yet they pay a clamper to go around, which seems like fairly backwards priorities.
    Anyone else around Oakleigh heard about any of this stuff?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Simon Adebisi

Don't know about Oakleigh Wood but Oakfield is overrun with little scumbags at the moment. A fair few cars have been vandalised and 2 blokes got their heads kicked in last week. Its wannabe's causing all the hassle though, not regeneration boyos. Kids that have been here for years are suddenly speaking in sham accents and tucking their trackie bottoms into their socks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Don't know about Oakleigh Wood but Oakfield is overrun with little scumbags at the moment. A fair few cars have been vandalised and 2 blokes got their heads kicked in last week. Its wannabe's causing all the hassle though, not regeneration boyos. Kids that have been here for years are suddenly speaking in sham accents and tucking their trackie bottoms into their socks.

Those wannabes (in general, I don't know these specific guys) are some absolute tossers of the highest order.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Meeting on tonight at 19:30 in Mungret GAA club house for Oakfield residents, was wondering what it was about.
    Seen a Car round the corner from me near the house that has the sofa outside
    with its front window smashed in.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jim_2011

Seemingly there have been a few cars around the Oakleigh Woods that have been targeted for what looks like parts. The Limerick post reported about 3 weeks ago that an Audi A3 had specific parts of it. I think it's a bit ridiculous that a big estate doesn't even have one CCTV camera to at least monitor who is coming in and out of the estate. Whats even worse is the property management company lists security as one of the service it is providing to the estate

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Simon Adebisi

bullets wrote: »
    Meeting on tonight at 19:30 in Mungret GAA club house for Oakfield residents, was wondering what it was about.
    Seen a Car round the corner from me near the house that has the sofa outside
    with its front window smashed in.

~B

Ya, i heard, thinking of heading to it myself later. Need to give out about the amount of dogsh|te all over the place too :D

That div with the pink fringe will be mentioned at the meeting no doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Hmmm - must be a golf thing - the other half had the wind deflectors swiped off the windows of his Golf too - CHM area!

Advertisement