Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Hobby

Options
  • 21-08-2011 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭

Hi,

I've been going to the gym for a few years now, kinda getting tired of it as it can take up time. After the gym, I tend to be so tired to do anything else and I just chill out and watch tv.

I am thinking of leaving the gym and picking up a hobby but I am unsure what to do. Does anyone have any ideas of good hobbies that I can do or is there any groups that meet up in the afternoons or weekends?

Any ideas would be welcome.

Thanks

K
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

aprox age would be good to know and aprox LOC.

then can suggest things base on your surroundings!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Green Mile wrote: »
    Hi,

I've been going to the gym for a few years now, kinda getting tired of it as it can take up time. After the gym, I tend to be so tired to do anything else and I just chill out and watch tv.

I am thinking of leaving the gym and picking up a hobby but I am unsure what to do. Does anyone have any ideas of good hobbies that I can do or is there any groups that meet up in the afternoons or weekends?

Any ideas would be welcome.

Thanks

K

Hillwalking, rock climbing, kayaking, caving, wind surfing, sailing, triathalons, loads of stuff. :)

What kind of thing would you like to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Green Mile

Thanks for the replies.
    I'm 25, from Dublin.

Thanks for the responses. I would like out doors adventures type of activities. I'd like to go horse riding or something similar but I'd like to make it a weekly or fortnightly occasion rather than just a once off thing.

K

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

What you could do is get a few mates together and head off to an outdoor adventure center for a weekend (depending on funds) and try a number of things. Then you'll have a better idea of what suits you.

Advertisement