Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Protoss All-in *SIGH*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

While I will admit to knowing less than the average SC2 player, I'd call that a good strat / move more than all-in. Minigun had plenty of gateways, plenty of minerals and could easily have recovered if the attack didn't go well. Read the map well and shut out the ramp - brilliant move. The fact that he held off the counter with ease showed that it wasn't all-in to me.

Great use of sentries.

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

amazing use of sentries there. loved the replay

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭godspal

It is more to do with building placement than the build itself.

He places the Twilight Council and the Robotics Facility on the low ground to make scouting difficult.
    He then puts units at possible scouting points, to deny scouting completely. He feigns 6-gate, which the counter to is ling, infester. If you have scouted the build you could counter it. And if you counter blink stalker, that means you got a counter to all his gateway units, where does that leave the build? Hence why its an all-in, it has to win, or it losses.
    I just don't what the counter is it to yet. Possibly a forward placed army. And no doubt I will see it on the ladder very soon.

EDIT: Another thing is the build is completely dependent on that warp prism.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

I do not think you know what "all in" means.

• Advertisement

Patronising much NeoSlicerZ...

Well I presume it comes from poker. Where you put all your chips in the middle, therefore making sure you have to win or you get knocked out.

In Starcraft I would call it a strategy heavily designed to win or exploit a weakness, and leaving you with little chance of coming back if it does not succeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭UnholyGregor

its a pretty clever strat, but it is kind of all in, and coinflippy.
    If the zerg seen the warp prism coming, which he should have, he could have prepared pretty easily, as its pretty obvious whats gonna happen next.

if the zerg was in position with infestors, he could have shut the attack down easily with infestor/roach, and locked the toss on 2base, with pretty redundant tech, and forced him to do a 2base all in.

Tldr, if your gonna camp with a huge army in your nat, with no map awareness, your begging for **** like that to happen to you.

godspal wrote: »
    Patronising much NeoSlicerZ...

Well I presume it comes from poker. Where you put all your chips in the middle, therefore making sure you have to win or you get knocked out.

In Starcraft I would call it a strategy heavily designed to win or exploit a weakness, and leaving you with little chance of coming back if it does not succeed.
    Yes, and this strat doesn't fit into it, he has blink, a decent eco, he can sit up there with 6 sentries some stalkers forever, blink the rest back out, take a third. It may seem kind of all in but transitioning out of it isn't particularly hard compared to 4g/6-9g or even 2b col.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Manuva

I also fail to see what is all in about this.

Personally I don't really see something as all in unless the workers come along for the ride as well :)

I really do think this is an all-in because if it loses, you don't have map control, and you have dedicated a lot of resources to this push. If you lose the warp prism in flight that's 750 in losses. Without doing any damage.

And infestor/ling is the counter to blink stalker, and even Minigun titled as an all-in.

• Advertisement

its an all in,
    anyone who disputes this has no idea how zvp works

its an all in,
    anyone who disputes this has no idea how zvp works
    It's not all in, anyone who disputes this has a retarded opinion of how pvz works.

NeoSlicerZ wrote: »
    It's not all in, anyone who disputes this has a retarded opinion of how pvz works.

sais the guy with a 43% win ratio.
    I think were supposed to play in that bards league, maybe then i can show you how the matchup works

and yeah, if you do an offensive blink into a zergs base, and it backfires, its game over. your gonna lose your whole army, be on 2base with about 45 probes, vs a 3base zerg with 60-70 drones.

sais the guy with a 43% win ratio.
    I think were supposed to play in that bards league, maybe then i can show you how the matchup works

and yeah, if you do an offensive blink into a zergs base, and it backfires, its game over. your gonna lose your whole army, be on 2base with about 45 probes, vs a 3base zerg with 60-70 drones.
    Sadly, I have a life which requires me to not spend my life playing starcraft 2.

Also, the opposite of an offensive blink in, is the defensive blink out. I suppose that realisation requires cognitive ability though.

Sadly, I have a life which requires me to not spend my life playing starcraft 2.

Also, the opposite of an offensive blink in, is the defensive blink out. I suppose that realisation requires cognitive ability though.
    >implying that being good at sc2 requires you to 'have no life'

Offensive blink out of a bunch of infestors and lings? lol yeah good luck with that, maybe those gimmeks work at your level, but yeah, any competent zerg will show you how impossible it is to recover after something as retarded as a blind blink into an opponents main

>implying that being good at sc2 requires you to 'have no life'

Offensive blink out of a bunch of infestors and lings? lol yeah good luck with that, maybe those gimmeks work at your level, but yeah, any competent zerg will show you how impossible it is to recover after something as retarded as a blind blink into an opponents main
    It's nice how you twist my words. I never said that, I implied that sc2 requires a certain amount of practice.

It's not hard to blink out of an empty main base. The very nature of the strat guarantees damage, if the zerg camps his main go around to the front or visa versa. It's only blind if the protoss doesn't have eyes, like zergs don't have brains. Even if you lose your army, you get the zerg main. It's also hilarious how you say that a zerg matched vs minigun is by your standards not "competent" giving that you yourself are a mediocre masters player at best.

Also, 43% - sample count, variance and statistics. You should look those terms up, maybe you'll manage to learn something for once in your life. But that's probably impossible.

It's nice how you twist my words. I never said that, I implied that sc2 requires a certain amount of practice.

It's not hard to blink out of an empty main base. The very nature of the strat guarantees damage, if the zerg camps his main go around to the front or visa versa. It's only blind if the protoss doesn't have eyes, like zergs don't have brains. Even if you lose your army, you get the zerg main. It's also hilarious how you say that a zerg matched vs minigun is by your standards not "competent" giving that you yourself are a mediocre masters player at best.

Also, 43% - sample count, variance and statistics. You should look those terms up, maybe you'll manage to learn something for once in your life. But that's probably impossible.

Zerg sees warp prism heading towards base> zerg sees stalkers following it, and having scouted that you have blink, it doesnt take alot of brainpower to realise whats going on, although, in your own ignorant words ''zergs dont have brains''

''if you lose your entire army, you get the zerg main''
    so yeah, i have no main, but you have no army, let me sit in my base and rebuild. lmao if this is how you think the game works. you lose army> zerg kills you. i need to build 1 techbuilding to make my units again, incase you havnt figured that out yet.

Also 43% is pathetic no matter wht way you look at it. You should be demoted soon with stats like that... good luck in diamond league :)

And yeah, i dont consider myself a mediocre player by any stretch of the imagination, and if i am, that makes everyone else on boards look really really bad, since im fields ahead of every player on these boards... Not to mention the fact that i basically all killed Team VP in a clan war, before being knocked out by VPfargo, who im sure you've heard of.
    :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

have you beaten khaz in a game yet?

yes i have won every game we have played which lasted longer than 8 minutes, he has told me that he doesnt feel able to beat me in a macro game, hence the cheesing, which im fine with

no offence to khaz, hes good, but he hasnt been on alot recently to practice, he must have a life? eh, neo?

Gregor, 1 month ban for stirring ****. I warned you several times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

RM that in no way deserves a one month ban. And if it does at all even deserve a ban its 3 days max.... power trip much?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I don't have an opinion on the ban, cos if I did rm would just ban me again

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Good to see this small SC2 community online is already turning into a bit of a slagheap of bitchiness, flamewars & bannings. Keep up the good work lads! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

pixelburp wrote: »
    Good to see this small SC2 community online is already turning into a bit of a slagheap of bitchiness, flamewars & bannings. Keep up the good work lads! :)

Generally the Irish community is ok, there is one or two people that may act superior to other people on the forum, but everyone else seem to help/want Irish starcraft to grow.

Columc wrote: »
    RM that in no way deserves a one month ban. And if it does at all even deserve a ban its 3 days max.... power trip much?

as a regular member, you have no say in the matter.

After speaking to gregor on this matter I have reduced the ban to 1 week due to the response he sent in a PM.

I don't have an opinion on the ban, cos if I did rm would just ban me again

mord, you do have an opinion and as long as you dont breach forum rules your free to post what ever you like.
    Columc wrote: »
    Generally the Irish community is ok, there is one or two people that may act superior to other people on the forum, but everyone else seem to help/want Irish starcraft to grow.

I hope your not referring to me with the "may act superior to other people on the forum" as all i have done is kept people from flaming and trolling others.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Lets not fling insults eh lads? You can discuss and disagree without getting all personal about it. :)

Having said that, a one month ban seemed way over the top. I'm glad it was reduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

I don't think he deserves a ban at all. We need a bit of comedy, it is boards after all! :D

In my perspective this post deserves to be put in the boards.ie - starcraft hall of fame!

aaaaaaaaaand... im back.
    was a long week, thanks to all the people who agree that my ban was bull****. back to school now though, damn lv cert getting in the way of my sc2...

Welcome back!

Interesting vice-a-versa of the original topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Decerto

godspal wrote: »

Welcome back!

Interesting vice-a-versa of the original topic.

looks nice for pvp too with cannons behind the mineral lines!, hope they dont patch this tbh as i rarely cannon rush in zvp anyways

Advertisement