Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

APA accredited courses?

Options
  • 21-08-2011 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi guys,

I can't seem to find any info on this, so if anyone can shed any light I'd really appreciate it. Are courses in the US and Canada that are APA accredited accepted in Ireland and the UK, when it comes to becoming a Chartered Psychologist? I have done a BA and Grad Dip in Psychology, and have finished a MSc in Child and Adolescent Mental Health, and I am researching further study in America. I am finding it really hard to get any experience/job prospects in Ireland/UK, without which I won't be accepted onto any PhD courses, so am desperately trying to sort my career out without wasting too much more time.

I don't want to pursue this kind of study any further if it turns out that the qualification won't get me very far if I come back over here to practice :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

adastra wrote: »
    I can't seem to find any info on this, so if anyone can shed any light I'd really appreciate it. Are courses in the US and Canada that are APA accredited accepted in Ireland and the UK, when it comes to becoming a Chartered Psychologist?

Here's the link to PSI accreditation.

Here's the link to the BPS chartership.

All the info you require should be there.

Advertisement