Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recognise this burrow?

Options
  • 21-08-2011 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi folks,

I was in the woods up by Cruagh in Dublin and saw an unusual (to me) hole in the ground. See attached.

It was 2 to 3 cm wide, I think, and was in an area covered in leaves and other plant material. What caught my attention was the fact that the entrance was surrounded by a sticky-looking residue something like a thick slug trail maybe.

Any ideas? Very interested to here what ye think!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭swifts need our help!

I would say it is slug trails

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Staecows

That's what it looks like alright. But if they are slug trails why are the trails only around the burrow? They were not visible anywhere else in the area.

If the reason they were only visible there is because there was a build-up from a lot of slug activity in that exact spot - then why is the burrow so attractive to the slugs?

Seems odd

Advertisement