Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flexirent?

Options
  • 21-08-2011 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Was thinking of buying an iPad 2 at compub using their flexirent option. Is it worth doing this? Or is it a hidden ripoff?

And are there any other ways I could get one and pay in installments? I don't have the money outright, but I do really want an iPad.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions, as this is more of a personal finance option

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Matt986

Its not though, Its more a consumer issue than anything else. Its nothing to do with banking, insurance or pensions. So please put it back or put it somewhere more appropriate than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭nowayout1

i tried to get it with flexirent to get a macbook pro and didn't get it cause i was only back working after 2 years unemployed and have guaranteed 48 months of work and loan was for 12 months. best bet would try harvey norman's quick credit get 12 months interest free and can pay back early, flexirent doesn't allow you to do that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

nowayout1 wrote: »
    i tried to get it with flexirent to get a macbook pro and didn't get it cause i was only back working after 2 years unemployed and have guaranteed 48 months of work and loan was for 12 months. best bet would try harvey norman's quick credit get 12 months interest free and can pay back early, flexirent doesn't allow you to do that.

do HN do credit? Only thing I have seen in their shops is flexirent also

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Matt986 wrote: »
    Was thinking of buying an iPad 2 at compub using their flexirent option. Is it worth doing this? Or is it a hidden ripoff?

And are there any other ways I could get one and pay in installments? I don't have the money outright, but I do really want an iPad.

Key question is what % APR are they quoting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭nowayout1

godtabh wrote: »
    nowayout1 wrote: »

do HN do credit? Only thing I have seen in their shops is flexirent also

Yeh you've to ask you want quick credit for 12 months, if you get declined try Flexirent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

Flexirent is an expensive option in the likes of Harvey Norman. Not sure about comp B.

Save up and then buy it.

Advertisement