Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharing in Halls

Options
  • 21-08-2011 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hey... Im hoping to be going to Trinity in September (fingers crossed)... doing first year science. I'd like to be staying in halls and thinking of sharing a room because its cheaper and what-not but im just after reading the website and apparently your more likely to get a place if you have someone arranged to share with and i dont really know anyone else who thinks they're going so i was just wondering if there was anyone maybe interested in sharing?
    Im a girl... pretty neat, very used to cooking and not overly crazy or anything like that :D
    pm me if anyones interested pretty please (:

Orla

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭happyfish

Hiya I'm after applying to halls now and gettin fairly worried that I'll end up on the street so if it meant getting it I'd share:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭yutta

The major downside of Tit Hall is the warden and the security guards. Private rented accommodation is cheaper and far more appealing IMO. Although your parents might prefer their little angel was cosseted away under the thumb of the warden and his gang of merry assistant JDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Snow joke

Sounds like you had run ins with the Warden and he gave you a fine for being a knob?

Trinity halls security is strict but fair. You really don't want low lifes wandering around after hours, causing crap and stealing your stuff.

Trinity halls has the same rules as private accommodation depending where you rent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

The security guys are grand. They caught us smoking cigars and drinking on the roof last year and just said "get down and don't be at that again lads" and let it be at that. Unless you plan on smashing the place up you are unlikely to get in any trouble really.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭bm1993

Are there any sports facilities in Halls?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭OrlaB12693

Think its about time i gave up on anyone properly replying to this thread?.... ill live on the streets then so! (:

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭bm1993

Why don't you apply for a single room? Thats what I did

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Crush525

I'm trying to way up the pros and cons of sharing a room, but either way Trinity Hall looks like awesome craic! I'm currently going into first year Science as well, so I'll probably see you around. :)

Its cheaper to share and i needs money so.... here i am! (: I'v always shared a room so its no big sacrifice for me.... like, i have no bother letting the college find a room-mate for me but its just you'd get it quicker if you've got your own person already agreed to share with.... and i just wanna get friggin accepted for it! y'kno :)
    ohh coolness, high 5 for science! xD

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Coco pop

i have just applied today and im wondering roughly how long does it take to hear back from them ? maybe people who were here before ?:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 ahhno

Hey, I have a double room in a two bed apartment on bachelor's walk (3 min walk to trinity) available. €525 a month including your bills. Preferably looking for a female. PM me if you're interested :)

My main pro for sharing at the moment is that I have no cooking/house skills at all. I'll need to rely on people to look after me! :o

Well sharing a room doesnt really require much cooking skills :P ... weather or not you have your own room your still gonna be sharing a kitchen and stuff with a few others if your in halls so you might be able to live off them untill you learn for yourself.... i take it your a guy then so? (:

OrlaB12693 wrote: »
    Well sharing a room doesnt really require much cooking skills :P ... weather or not you have your own room your still gonna be sharing a kitchen and stuff with a few others if your in halls so you might be able to live off them untill you learn for yourself.... i take it your a guy then so? (:

What gave it away?:p

Errm... well when someone doesnt have any ''house'' skills that kinda points ya in the whole male direction im afraid :P

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭bradyle

Ah now Orla you and I both know girls can be just as useless...i'm living proof of that...

yea... well your just a rare case of useless lorraine... its not too often you'd come across one like you! (:

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

Right, the security guards are absolutely grand if you don't act like an absolute *appropriate offensive word*.

As for halls it self.. if you're a really sociable person who loves going out and going to parties and whatnot then you'll love halls. If you're not, well..
    If you enjoy spending time by yourself a lot, and you end up living with people who are the complete opposite if one of them is a cúnt and tries to break your door down every night when they're wasted then you might not enjoy halls...

Not much really went on in the sports hall, and the music room saw about a month of solid use by myself and three other guys then no one bothered going back..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Lads what's the craic with having guests?

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Lads what's the craic with having guests?

Technically you;re supposed to sign them in and out, but if they don't cause a load of noise or set fire to your house or something like that then the warden really doesn't care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭alxsoky

Well I applied for a single room in Trinity Halls and they got back to me within 3 days. I suppose its faster for me since I'm non-EU.

Good luck with getting a room mate. (:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Emmerz

Im doing science first year aswell and applied for my room today...I dunno hardly anyone going up so Im also gonna be sharing with a stranger lol era thats if I get it anyways :)

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Keen2win

I've applied to share in halls too, shud be good!!! Hopefully whoever I'm with is sound, after that I'm happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭FUNKYTOWWWN

samies, just applied for halls. hopefully i'll have my own room but i hope the girls i share with are nice :)

Advertisement