Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unidentified Girard Perregaux watch

Options
  • 21-08-2011 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Was wondering if anyone could identify this Girard Perregaux watch for me???
    Was my Grandads given to me by my dad. Have avoided wearing it not wanting to lose it but reckon I'd like to now.

It seems to have some stains on the dial, anyone know where or how to get it cleaned??

6066002626_c16a5229ed.jpg

Cheers!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

fixed picture link

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

That's a nice watch. Very good maker too. Age wise I'd be thinking 50's? Personally I'd not have it cleaned, it's part of its history. The vast majority who offer to clean it won't clean it anyway, they'll replace the dial with a new one. A so called redial and redials always reduce the value of the watch(unless the original is illegible. Plus they almost never get them correct. Now as Girard Perregaux are at the high end of makers, you might try emailing them and they may have a new old stock dial in their archives. In that case I'd replace alright. Dress watches haven't leaped in value as much as other areas of the vintage market and IMHO they're very undervalued, but again IMHO they're going to leap upwards soon enough.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭bedrock#1

Thanks for the advice Wibbs (and fixing the link!). I suppose if I emailed them they could probably identify it for me too!

Advertisement