Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning a 3/4 hour hike that's reachable by bus, help!?

Options
  • 21-08-2011 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey,
    Well my friends and I want to go hiking in a few days but don't really know where to start. We would love somewhere that can be easily reached by a bus service from Dublin. Any ideas of a 3/4 hour hike, and the bus's we should get?Cheers! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Maybe "Killiney Hill park"? You can get to Killiney by dart, and the scenery is fab! From the train station to the park, it's all uphill.

Don't know if it would be a 3 or 4 hour hike, though, but bring a camera if you have one, as there are some nice views.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

I would suggest getting the 44b from Dundrum Luas station to Glencullen. From there you can either walk to the Wicklow Way and head North over up to Fairy Castle and then down through Ticknock to the 114 back to Blackrock DART station, or you can head South along the Way over Prince William's Seat then turn left when the Way hits the Glencree road, where you can take the 185 back to Bray DART station.

Either walk would take between 90 minutes and 3 hours, depending on speed/fitness, and both have great views and scenery, a minimum of road walking, and no navigation, since the Way is marked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

There's also the cliff paths on Howth Head. Won't take 3 or 4 hours but it's a great walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

I may be a little late posting this for you but you will find any number of good walks in the Glendalough area, bus service information here.

Advertisement