Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

starting boxing

Options
  • 21-08-2011 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

i just wondering i started boxing 3 months ago i am now fighting my first fight (white collar) 1 month from now,but i realy want to take this to the highest i can take it. i have alway been somewhat of an animal when it came to fighting,as i have fought a good 100 times in the street. the dielima is i am 23 and my club is not IABA registered and i cant get honset advice as my trainers and people i ask just want me to come to there gym which might not be any better. i would like to fight a few amatuer fights with a registered club and move on up. i know i could do well wit the right advice. if someone could tell me what way it all go`s from start to get like to pro please thanks ye all........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

What area are u from and that will help with the advice

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭gene_tunney

Not a single comma or full stop. That was painful to read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 boxing101

cork city area thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

boxing101 wrote: »
    i just wondering i started boxing 3 months ago i am now fighting my first fight (white collar) 1 month from now,but i realy want to take this to the highest i can take it. i have alway been somewhat of an animal when it came to fighting,as i have fought a good 100 times in the street.the dielima is i am 23 and my club is not IABA registered and i cant get honset advice as my trainers and people i ask just want me to come to there gym which might not be any better. i would like to fight a few amatuer fights with a registered club and move on up. i know i could do well wit the right advice. if someone could tell me what way it all go`s from start to get like to pro please thanks ye all........

No, you are just a scumbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Chris Hansen

Johner wrote: »
    No, you are just a scumbag.

youtube "I AM FIGHTER" for good advice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,099 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I don't think it's a boxing club you need, it's an anger management course.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭iii Stevo iii

An animal on the street does not always correlate with being an animal in the ring. In fact in the novice amateur game the ‘street animal’ like you will get tagged easily by the more cautious novice with a high guard and decent jab. Your arrogance will not do you any favours.

O'k 1st off saying he is a scum bag is not necessarrily fair, before i joined Boxing i would have had a fight most days so easily in the hundreds, this was par for the course where i grew up and in school, now i was no shrinking violet in fairness but just took no shiit off bullys etc

http://www.iaba.ie/munster/ for clubs in Munster, Its worth noting lads that many people have gone into Boxing clubs with bad attitudes and become model citizens.

Contact the closest clubs and see if they take on novices, Don't mention your an animal or they will steer clear of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

cowzerp wrote: »
    O'k 1st off saying he is a scum bag is not necessarrily fair,

I think it's fair, at 23 he claims to be an animal at fighting and had 100 street fights, to me they are the actions of scumbag/thug.

Johner wrote: »
    I think it's fair, at 23 he claims to be an animal at fighting and had 100 street fights, to me they are the actions of scumbag/thug.

As I said-depends on if this was as a kid or as an adult, kids in rough areas tend to be in fights regular, adults in regular fights is a different story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Chris Hansen

he may be a tinker so dont call him a scumbag without knowing the full story!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 boxing101

cowzerp thank you very much il check that up. yes i did grow up in a very rough area .grew up in crumlin and being from cork made me stand out.plus i would`nt take **** off no one. i am 23 and i no fighting on the street dont mean i am a good boxer i mean it as i have no problem getting into a ring and having a good fight or to whoever is in the ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,099 ✭✭✭✭walshb

BTW, the use of the word scumbag is OTT; we don't know this guy, and IF
    those street fights were self defence, then we cannot really comment.

walshb wrote: »
    BTW, the use of the word scumbag is OTT; we don't know this guy, and IF
    those street fights were self defence, then we cannot really comment.

Yeah I'm sure when he fought a good 100 times in the street it was always in self defence.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 deano22

im from a rough area and have never been in a street fight once. theres trouble everywhere if you go looking for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭gilmour

instead of judging the posters irrelevant details why don't you just give the man the advice he wants?

good luck for the future op

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Boooourns

gilmour wrote: »
    instead of judging the posters irrelevant details why don't you just give the man the advice he wants?

That's fighting talk!

gilmour wrote: »

Hey man,

Good luck with your future too. We're all friends here.

Warmest wishes,

Gene

x

Advertisement