Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How To Sell Website

Options
  • 20-08-2011 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hey Guys,
    So I have decided to sell my website (in the sig) but I'm having trouble getting potential buyers. I've said it's for sale on my site,Twitter, Facbook etc. but so far no buyers. I have even listed it on Adverts.ie (I'm pretty sure I can't post the link).

It's been getting around 5000-6000 pageviews a month, how much should I be asking for with that kind of traffic? Also do you think anyone would be bothered to buy my site or is it worth nothing?

Thanks,
    Sean
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Its a pretty dead website for an investor, 5000-6000 page views is very little, the forum is practically dead and there's little revenue to be made on the website. Might have some potential how much are you looking for it?.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭seanob43

Hey,
    Well it was going good for a few weeks there (nearly 200 members) but I didn't have enough time to update it.
    I would be looking for about 200 for it as the theme was about €35.00 and I've put a lot of work into it (took ages to get it to rank for keywords such as "ps vita" and "ps vita forums").

Thanks,
    Sean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Have you made any money from advertising? If so, how much?

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Have you made any money from advertising? If so, how much?

Yes, it has only been online for about a month and a half but I made around €10.00 from adsense last month with a single ad on the site. I was waiting until I got around 1000 members (we only have 200 atm) to put ads on the forums and so on.

I would say you could make €50 a month if you had ads on all the threads and the like.

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

seanob43 wrote: »
    It's been getting around 5000-6000 pageviews a month, how much should I be asking for with that kind of traffic? Also do you think anyone would be bothered to buy my site or is it worth nothing?

Thanks,
    Sean

Have you factored in that probably a chunk of those page views come from your own usage? If you sold the site you probably would stop browsing it as much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

I would also be worried about the legal issues with the site.

It's covered in copyright logos , and the domain would could be fodder for Sony lawyers as well.

Have you factored in that probably a chunk of those page views come from your own usage? If you sold the site you probably would stop browsing it as much.
    Yeah that would be right, although it also 1445 unique visitors which isn't bad.

jhegarty wrote: »
    I would also be worried about the legal issues with the site.

It's covered in copyright logos , and the domain would could be fodder for Sony lawyers as well.

Sony don't tend to other with small little domains like mine, they're a little too big for that.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

This is not the place to sell your website - thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement