Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaking aquarium for anyone interested - possible vivarium/terrarium?

Options
  • 19-08-2011 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,196 ✭✭✭✭

My goldfish tank started to leak two nights ago, managed to drain most of the water into a big plastic storage tub and picked up a new 100l tank from WIZE yesterday evening which I've spent the evening getting clean and ready to move the goldfish back into tomorrow night.

The reason the tank is leaking is that there's a small crack (about an inch long) in the bottom pane of glass so I reckon it's pretty unfixable as an aquarium. I'm guessing it could still be useful as a vivarium/terrarium though?

It's a 60 litre tank, 60 cm x 35 cm x 30 cm. Pic of the same model here: 87094_elite_style_60_tropical_fish_tank_img.jpg

There's a light in the cover but guessing it might need some work to make it escape proof for many small animals. Not much use to me as even if I sealed the leak with silicone, I'm pretty certain the weight of sixty litres of water would expand the crack, so, free for the first forum regular who wants it and has a use for it. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 hedwigdan

Hey mate Ill take this if you still have it?
    Cheers
    Dan

• Registered Users Posts: 24,196 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

All yours hedwigdan.

I'll PM you to arrange collection.

All yours hedwigdan.

I'll PM you to arrange collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭diverdad

Hey Sleepy, is that cracked tank still available?

Fraid not, diverdad, hedwigdan took it, for scorpions I believe.

• Advertisement
Advertisement