Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster 100

Options
  • 19-08-2011 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭

Anyone headin to Timoleague?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

FFS.
    Anyone here know what motorbike racing is? Anyone here not a learner?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Firstly - a few more details of the event would be good.

Second - trying to insult posters to get a response is not a good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Didn't know people needed full license to watch racing.

Anyways, nope not going meself. I don't watch any sports at all. I'd be bored outta me tits at any sporting event.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I've no idea what it is so I won't be going. I might be bored too!

P.C. wrote: »
    Firstly - a few more details of the event would be good.

Second - trying to insult posters to get a response is not a good idea.

Google is your friend.
    You are either going or you aren't.

I'm not the info service for the RACE.

• Advertisement

Google is your friend.
    You are either going or you aren't.

I'm not the info service for the RACE.
    Ya heading to cavan next Thursday and Friday yourself?

Heard the races where deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭LagunaSeca

the whole event was great. brilliant job by west cork mcc and all involved in organising.

not many places where you can see that kind of action for the price of a round of beers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

seanybiker wrote: »

Op, you seem pleasant.

Seanybiker what's on in Cavan?

Op, you seem pleasant.

Seanybiker what's on in Cavan?

Nothing I was just taking the piss outta the op by presuming everyone should know what he's on about

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Lol, good point cause I followed his advise and goggled Cavan and nothing came up! :-)

• Advertisement

Where they?:cool:

LagunaSeca wrote: »
    the whole event was great. brilliant job by west cork mcc and all involved in organising.

not many places where you can see that kind of action for the price of a round of beers!

Some (harley) bikers were griping on the way in about the price, but to be fair it was a weekend of top racing, and I don't think there is any other road race where you can get THAT close to racing. Thankfully the nanny state that has ruined the NW200 etc, has not found its way to west cork yet.
    No heavy handed policing on the route home either. Just lines of happy bikers, overtaking cages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

Great weekend, :D
    No problem with paying €15 f*ck the begrudgers. Well worth it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 994 Mod ✭✭✭✭LookBehindYou

Was great road racing in Timoleague. The rain stayed away for most of the racing. Next and last races of the year are at Killalane 10/11 Sept.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭LagunaSeca

some nice footage from Timoleague (if the link works)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBd5ZC7H968&feature=player_embedded

Amazing footage. Drove the course yesterday, hard to believe how tight the downhill section is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Some (harley) bikers were griping on the way in about the price,

Absolute crap, did you witness this yourself, best 15€ I spent all summer, stayed in Timoleague Friday, Sat & Sunday night, harvest festival running alongside the racing, great weekend

bogman wrote: »
    Absolute crap, did you witness this yourself, best 15€ I spent all summer, stayed in Timoleague Friday, Sat & Sunday night, harvest festival running alongside the racing, great weekend
    You must have been on your bandit then cha

I did, sunday morning, down at aghawadda, typical harley types, ancient and ignoring everyone not driving a hardley, wanted a reduction cos they weren't about for the practice on saturday.
    I walked past them and happily handed over my €20(€5 for the program).
    If we don't pay for it, it may not be back.

You must have been on your bandit then cha

Bandit is well gone Seanie, went in this lol, great time lad
    61616_1537369428883_1074276521_1555218_6053367_n.jpg
    typical harley types, ancient and ignoring everyone not driving a hardley, wanted a reduction cos they weren't about for the practice on saturday.

Ah come on goldie fish, not even riding Harley's and you assume they are Harley types, jerks more like it (could have been GS'r too lol) was with a few lads, several riding Harley's and all said the same, best weekend in ages and a credit to the West Cork Motorcycle Club, ended up taking about 800 photos of which about 50 to 100 are decent enough considering I dont own a fast lens, first race in years and loved it

• Advertisement

Its a credit to the West Cork Motorcycle club, to have run things so good for the weekend. John Curran deserves a lot of praise for all the work he and his family put in to it. Also Brendan Desmond (ex road racer).

Bandit is well gone Seanie, went in this lol, great time lad
    61616_1537369428883_1074276521_1555218_6053367_n.jpg

Ah come on goldie fish, not even riding Harley's and you assume they are Harley types, jerks more like it (could have been GS'r too lol) was with a few lads, several riding Harley's and all said the same, best weekend in ages and a credit to the West Cork Motorcycle Club, ended up taking about 800 photos of which about 50 to 100 are decent enough considering I dont own a fast lens, first race in years and loved it

OK, because you are a hardley owner i'll spell it out for you slowly
    They arrived on harleys.
    I parked next to them on a proper motorcycle
    They were old and wearing the usual hardley BDSM kit.
    They ignored me and everyone else not in their sewing circle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,487 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Jaysis Bogman, typical Harley Driver!

Arrive in your veeeehickal, park arse ways, take up 2 spots with no regard for other people.

Pffft :D
    [/utter pisstake]

Bogman, you are 1 of those rich people who have camper vans instead of a tant, but a sound guy.

Bogman, you are 1 of those rich people who have camper vans instead of a tant, but a sound guy.

Ah bogman is a legend. Sound as €1.27

Thanks Seanie lol, as u know ive been working 36 years, biking nearly as long, tenting at rallies since the late 70's and recently got myself a camper, took it to 3 or 4 rallies since, (a little bit of luxury at my age) weather was shoite for 2 and had a chest inf for another, Cork lads didnt mind when I gave them a blast of Clonakilty sausages, tae and black pudding next morning, rich my arse, at least I was before I spent it all on the camper & the Harley :rolleyes:

Thanks Seanie lol, as u know ive been working 36 years, biking nearly as long, tenting at rallies since the late 70's and recently got myself a camper, took it to 3 or 4 rallies since, (a little bit of luxury at my age) weather was shoite for 2 and had a chest inf for another, Cork lads didnt mind when I gave them a blast of Clonakilty sausages, tae and black pudding next morning, rich my arse, at least I was before I spent it all on the camper & the Harley :rolleyes:
    you'll have to stock up on blaas if your coming up to freewheelers bud.

Advertisement