Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scientists create chicken with gator snout

Options
  • 19-08-2011 7:56pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Scientists in Harvard hope to bring dinosaurs back not by cloning but by reversing evolution, and they already managed to create chicken embryos that dont have a beak, but a gator-like snout.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/evolution/8707125/Scientists-reverse-evolution-with-snouted-chicken.html

Unfortunately, or fortunately (depends on your view), these chicken-saurs are illegal to hatch so the experiment won´t, at least for the moment, go beyond the egg stage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

That crazy sonofa bitch did it!!!!!!!!!

No pictures of it yet?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Adam Khor

Galvasean wrote: »

No pictures of it yet?

Couldn´t find any.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I wish tinpot dictators were more interested in genetic engineering. In Cuba they'd have hatched those eggs and right now be training them as cavalry mounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Galvasean wrote: »

No pictures of it yet?

"Tell me what species are these?"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Adam Khor

Rubecula wrote: »
    "Tell me what species are these?"

"Oh, ah... it's a chickenraptor"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Advertisement