Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public Transport from Dun Laoghaire to Drumcondra (Grace Park Road)

Options
  • 19-08-2011 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Hi

Does anyone know if there is any public transport (bus, train, DART) that goes from Dun Laoghaire directly to Drumcondra (Grace Park Road).

Thanks for your help, in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭salutations

http://www.irishrail.ie/home/

Try the Journey Planner to find a time that suits ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,269 ✭✭✭markpb

I don't think there are any direct buses for that route. The Dart will only bring you half way - you can get it to Connolly or Drumcondra and change onto a 16A, 33 or 41.

If you're going to the Drumcondra end of Grace Park, the 13A might also be an option. If you're crazy, going to the Whitehall end of GPR and won't be making this trip for long, you could get the Dart to Clontarf Road and change onto a 104 which will drop you nearby.

If you don't want to buy two different tickets, you can get a 46a instead of the Dart and change in the city centre for any of the buses above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Jess18

Thanks for your help :) Yeah I was hoping not to have to change buses/DARTS as I will be doing this journey for a few weeks. I think getting the 46A, and then changing in the city centre might be the best idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Jess18 wrote: »
    Thanks for your help :) Yeah I was hoping not to have to change buses/DARTS as I will be doing this journey for a few weeks. I think getting the 46A, and then changing in the city centre might be the best idea.

Remember you can do the trip using a Travel 90 10 journey ticket for €1.90!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Ah if only they hadn't gotten rid of the good old 746 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭radiofreak

Since they stopped the 746 there is no direct bus to Drumcondra. Yoy will have to get the 46A and get off in O'Connell St (Dr. Quirkeys) and get another bus from there.

Advertisement