Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car chase up William street today.

Options
  • 19-08-2011 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭

Anyone got footage or pics of today?
    talking to the OH she mentioned the car being chased mounted the footpath and some rough looking fella was dragged out from the car. Happened between 4-5pm. Thankfully nobody was run over.
    Image0265.jpg
    Image0264.jpg
    Image0263.jpg
    ~B

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

lads, no offence to the copper in the leather pants, but I see him around, and he is an awful size. I would fancy my chances if he was on foot....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Just spotted on youtube:
    (and munster images miss's nothing! :-) )

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

state of the car, hardly going to get away in that yoke

• Registered Users Posts: 23,725 ✭✭✭✭phog

What a street to try and do a car chase on, there was only going to be one winner. Did the cops break the side windows to get access to the occupants?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Was not there myself. Notice the way the car used to be Red and was sprayed yellow!

~B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

Dat's Limerick Citttaaaaaaayy!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭mad_shopaholic

3 squad cars chasing him up old clare street about half 4 was terrified he would crash into me glad he was caught and no one hurt

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Happened just after half four but he'd been in town earlier trying to rob stuff. He'd definitely taken something. Security guard from lifestyle nearly got knocked down. All the cruises st security guards were called up to William st to
    try contain it.

Oh, and the car was stolen.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

two fire trucks:rolleyes: half a dozen cops

talk about over-kill:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

fryup wrote: »
    two fire trucks:rolleyes: half a dozen cops

talk about over-kill:cool:

I'm fairly sure fire tenders must travel in two's in case a breakdown or accident happens with one of the units. It also takes a lot of Gardaí to stop a stolen vehicle safely.

Hardly overkill me thinks

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

but there was no fire, it was a fairly minor incident so why were they there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The fire brigade don't only deal with fires. I'd imagine they were called before the drivers injuries if any were assessed.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

seachto7 wrote: »
    lads, no offence to the copper in the leather pants, but I see him around, and he is an awful size. I would fancy my chances if he was on foot....

I know who he is. He is getting on a bit weight wise at this stage, but over the years if you were in trouble/danger from scum, he was defo a garda you would want to see arriving at the scene.

Very old school, but is a garda that would have even hardened scum shutting their months as soon as they saw him.

He is also a garda that is good at treating anyone caught for a crime the same way, regardless of whather they are in a tracksuit or a three piece suit. He goes by the crime committed and not the way a person looks.

Have not spoken to him in quite some time, but always found him to be a decent sort, no frills or bs.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭celticcrash

Thats robocop, hes the same with and colour as the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭Tefral

Ha ha thats robocop... as said above he is a by the book man... Many a time ive had a run in with him over me driving a modified car.

I lent him a minidigger i was using to get some hedges out of the front of his house.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,725 ✭✭✭✭phog

Kess73 wrote: »
    I know who he is. He is getting on a bit weight wise at this stage, but over the years if you were in trouble/danger from scum, he was defo a garda you would want to see arriving at the scene.

Very old school, but is a garda that would have even hardened scum shutting their months as soon as they saw him.

He is also a garda that is good at treating anyone caught for a crime the same way, regardless of whather they are in a tracksuit or a three piece suit. He goes by the crime committed and not the way a person looks.

Have not spoken to him in quite some time, but always found him to be a decent sort, no frills or bs.

+ 1

You break the law and if he sees you you'll be done regardless of your status and proper order too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭Tefral

phog wrote: »
    + 1

You break the law and if he sees you you'll be done regardless of your status and proper order too.

A friend of mines car was broken into it was a GT starlet (lives up the road from Robocop) and the centre console was stolen out of it (it was painted up etc)

Robocop knocked on the door to the house one night and handed him back everything that was taken out of the car. He had stopped some random starlet in town, remembered the discription of the stuff, confiscated the car and got all my friends stuff back.

phog wrote: »
    + 1

Yep, as it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭the bolt

Kess73 wrote: »

correct me if im wrong but isnt that what hes paid to do.glad to see though.

the bolt wrote: »
    correct me if im wrong but isnt that what hes paid to do.glad to see though.

Over the years he has always had the habit of going that bit further. A great example would be what Cronin_j said about him getting the stuff back for the guy's car and personally bringing it back to the guy's house.

The odd time you see a foot patrol nowadays in town it is not uncommon to see one of the new breed of Gardai turn and go down a different street when there is a group of scum up ahead. And it is not unusually to call a station for help and either have nobody turn up or have them turn up hours later.

At least with the garda in question in this thread, he would have the bunches of scum on the street trying to avoid him, and he has never had any hesitation in stoppiong them if he thought they were up to something.

Same goes for if he responded to a call, he would head straight for where the problem was in the hope of getting there whilst the criminals were still there.

Yes a garda should be doing what he does, but unfortunately many don't, so when one does so time after time he tends to stand out for the right reasons in my eyes.

The man has done his job for a number of decades and from the point of view of doing the job and doing it right, he will leave big shoes to be filled when he retires.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

He isnt a touch on te few new ban gardas based in Henry street though.... You know the blonde ones. Deadly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭_Conrad_

hahaha excellent. I was behind that monstrosity as i cross william street heading down towards the round house, pretty sure the moron on the bad shirt who was getting pulled out of the car in the video was driving it at the time. The damn thing has so much cut off the springs that it could barely get across the road.

Probably about 3 o'clock-half 3.... seems they really liked william street.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

The car (which was allegedly stolen) was chased from Moyross, over to the dublin Rd/clare st area. There was a collision with a Taxi around Lelia st (apparently the taxi is technically a write-off....so that poor guy is now out of work for a few days) before finally crashing on William st.
    Despite the obvious threat to public safety and total disregard for anyone but himself I would guess that this individual is free to walk the streets of Limerick right now.:confused:

In fact, he may even be eying-up your car at this very moment:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

To provide assistance if people needed to be cut out of cars or to clean up any spillages such as fuel or lubricants.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭The_Joker

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Image1_9.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

i was cycling down by barrington's hospital, and the fella came flyin round the corner off the abbey bridge and nearly knocked me down, i just got out of the way. good few garda cars after him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Was the car that colour before it was stolen??

I'd have happily paid someone to take a monstrosity like that away from outside the door.

A Chav babe magnet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Thought Robocop himself had in a run in with the law recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Thought Robocop himself had in a run in with the law recently?

Did he abuse himself while looking in the mirror?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Did he abuse himself while looking in the mirror?
    That's George Michael you're think of...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement