Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I've drawn a staircase upside down, how can I fix this.

• 19-08-2011 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭

I've drawn a staircase as a single part, but it's upside down. How can I flip it right way up so I can draw up the plans for it? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,216 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Bit hard to know without seeing it, but try mirroring it horizontally, and then vertically

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Actually, it's only 90 degree's off. I'll try what you suggested.

Here's the two pictures, one of the current Isometric view and one of what should be the right way up.

6059153946_76d9871864_b.jpg

And What I need it to be:

6059154078_325267b013_b.jpg
    photostream

Okay, this may be a completely arse-ways way of doing it, bearing in mind I just drew the outline in regular CAD and it was trial and error, but try this

1. Mirror it with a vertical line
    2. Mirror it with a horizontal line
    3. Mirror it with a 150deg line
    4. Mirror it with a horizontal line
    5. Mirror it with a 150deg line

Actually, looking at it again, I don't think my suggestion will work. Sorry, but I'm out of ideas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Boyet

my 2 cent try using UCS

- bring your UCS to the top step
    - rotate along axis
    - move to right location and elevation

is this on revit or autocad?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Is this on Solidworks MTB King?

I assume you need to make a drawing of it but the views are coming out wrong. If so there is an option when inserting views into a drawing for the "current view shown" ( I can't remember the exact term) this means you will get an exact 2D view of what is shown on the 3D model. You can use this as your main view and then create views from it.

I wouldn't personally change the 3D model.

This is solidworks. It's getting a bit to technical for me, I'm only 17 ;) What does UCS stand for?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I would regularly model up something and then when I go view it isometrically it's as you put it upside down. It's no biggie, as I said you can create a drawing view of what is exactly on show in the 3D model.

UCS I would imagine relates to a co ordinate system of some sort. I know in Solidworks you can change the co ordinate system i.e. change what is the front plane to the right plane and so on.

CatFromHue wrote: »
    I would regularly model up something and then when I go view it isometrically it's as you put it upside down. It's no biggie, as I said you can create a drawing view of what is exactly on show in the 3D model.

UCS I would imagine relates to a co ordinate system of some sort. I know in Solidworks you can change the co ordinate system i.e. change what is the front plane to the right plane and so on.
    I'll try that when I'm back at work, it's the weekend now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭KAGY

In solid works you can realign the x-y-z axis. Been a while since I've used it, but try looking in View. I think you have to have the model showing what you want to use as the front view (try using Ctrl and the cursor keys to rotate the model 90deg at a time), look for a command like "Update standard view".

As a work-around, if you want to use this to create a drawing, create a new assembly with the part and use mates to align the landing to the xy, the stringer to the xz etc.

Edit: just read CatFromHue's post, and realised they suggested the same thing as my first suggestion

Advertisement