Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studyplan Going into 5th year! getting it right from the start

Options
  • 19-08-2011 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Ok, Im going into 5th year come September did 4th year(complete waste of time in my opinion) and i want to be more organised in general so a study planner would help me keep on track but the problem is im thinking how much study is too much? i want to do really well in the leaving cert , well cause 13+years have been riding on this 1 test :O :P so basically how many days should i study and how many hours?

Thanks In Advance

Daniel :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

really, listen in class, do your homework, study for class tests, but dont burn yourself out, that happens in 6th year :p

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

Exactly what the last post said. In 5th year just do your Homework and pay attention in class. Study for Christmas/Summer tests etc. Only start your real study in 6th year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

i'll reiterate what the other two said

Homework, pay attention, study for class/christmas/summer tests and a restful summer in 5th year and be ready all guns blazing for 6th year
    otherwise you'll be burned out

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Smiley Laura

I'm going into fifth year this year after a fourth year of not touching a book :( I just plan to actually do my homework, even the learning off stuff. I'm just dreading higher maths...I hope it doesn't get too hard :o How long does homework/study generally take in fifth year every night?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

I'm going into fifth year this year after a fourth year of not touching a book :( I just plan to actually do my homework, even the learning off stuff. I'm just dreading higher maths...I hope it doesn't get too hard :o How long does homework/study generally take in fifth year every night?

it was about an hour and a half for me, but i didnt do honours maths for long, so i imagine that would add on more, shouldnt be more than 2 anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

That all depends on what subjects you picked and what individual teachers you have. Our Irish teacher gave us roughly twice as much homework as some other classes for example. You shouldn't be doing more than 2 hours of homework a night in 5th year. I would say it should average out at a little over an hour, an hour and a half tops.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Yeah Buddy

Stall the ball, hold your horses, chill the beans! Seriously, calm down! Don't worry about coming out of TY, you'll get back into the swing of things in no time. And don't worry about busting your ass studying this year, enjoy life. Put the work in during the week, do all your homework, understand the material and that's all you can do. Enjoy your weekends, go out as often as you can. Have hobbies, meet people, waste time on Facebook. Don't look back and say that you lost a year/two years of your life because of the Leaving Cert!

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

Eh...I did fourth year and didn't bother studying in fifth year. I don't regret it at all. Just pay attention and you're fine. Even in sixth year I didn't push myself until I screwed up the mocks (Best thing that ever happened). So my advice is...relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 DanielC95

Really Appreciate The Help Thanks!! I will study in 5th year to some degree in my weak subjects but in general i think i will just keep on top of things an try do well in the main 5th years test's!

Thanks again much appreciated :-)

Advertisement