Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payday: The Heist

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,768 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

played it today and yes its awesome, will be around 20 euro, 4 player co-op some really interesting features like a shouting button to tell people to get down, loads of set pieces from films like Ronnin. Etc will write up more about it but yea its good fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

played it today and yes its awesome, will be around 20 euro, 4 player co-op some really interesting features like a shouting button to tell people to get down, loads of set pieces from films like Ronnin. Etc will write up more about it but yea its good fun.

Great to hear , i always wanted a good bank robbing game , closest thing was kane and lynch and that ended poorly, bring on october 5 th:D

ITs a similar set up to K&L but a FPS and not a bag of crap.

ITs a similar set up to K&L but a FPS and not a bag of crap.

Still ended up playing it for hours lol:pac:, i thought red dead redemption should of added something similar to a bank robbing mode aswell sheriffs vs cowboys but noooooo

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Im pretty sure i saw on PSN that if you pre-buy 4 games (Street Fighter 3rd Strike, Deathspank 3, Renegade Ops and one other) you will get this game for free. Or was it get Reegade Ops free if you pre-buy this? Bah i forget.

Otherwise it looks pretty good. Big L4D influence there...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Think payday comes free if you buy the 4 other games, since Renegade Ops is part of the deal itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Anybody pick this up??? Looks pretty cool though I cant decide between this and FM 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

I watched a guy stream this on PC, it's woefully average.

Save your money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Interested to hear what anyone playing the Steam version thinks about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Must say I'm really enjoying this, it's very much like SWAT in reverse. Looks good, plays very well. Anyone on here play coop on pc, how is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Cant find this on the PSN store?On steam alright.19 euro there.PS3 price ??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I'm enjoying this so far, when you have the right people. Nothing more annoying than people dropping out of a game midway or the host deciding to leave cancelling out all your hard work.

6 missions and each take roughly 30-40 minutes to complete. You get a great sense of satisfaction when you make it to the end after completing the challenges and beaten the endless horde of cops. (You get a slight cooldown in between waves)

Not being able to join a game mid-way is frustrating as you could end up with one or 2 of the bots who are absolutely useless if people leave during a game. Plus joining a lobby and waiting for others to fill up the server can be tiring, too. As there's no filter system people with low reputations tend to get kicked off servers, not really giving them much of a chance to upgrade anyways.

Needs some updates to fine-tune the animations and other things but overall it's pretty fun...............and really goddamn hard with ammo that vanishes fast.

I've seen reviews of this game that mark the PC version better (which is an actual PS3 port considering some PS3 button notifications came up during some of my games :pac:) because of the fast-pace action which requires the faster reactions of the mouse (which you really need as this game is unforgiving)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Anyone playing this? I picked it up in the twelve days of christmas sale for 7.10. Well worth the price imo.

Advertisement