Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Waterford Youth Arts production

Options
  • 18-08-2011 6:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Sounds of the Summer End in THE KEY OF D

The participants of Waterford Youth Arts Summer Project reveal the secrets of their summer together next week when the reveal The Key of D directed by Scott Johnston and directed by Adam Wallace opens on 23rd August at Garter Lane Theatre.

'Who was the first man on the moon? What are the trick cards in a game of switch? When did Waterford last win an all Ireland? Where did I leave my keys?.. A question is easy, only if you know the answer. But what if that question was Who am I? . . and you couldn't answer.

The Key of D is an exciting new play that follows one girl as she faces that same question, told through an explosion of characters, comedy and movement with original music by Kenny MacLeod. We delve into a mind that is in search of itself, from infancy to adolescence, simple memories, although seemingly insignificant, can hold the key to unlocking who we really are.

Directed by Scott Johnston, and written by Adam Wallace with a creative team of Clair Walsh, Richard Collins, Trish Murphy, John Doyle and Martina Collender, The Key of D has a cast of some twenty one young local actors, enabled by Waterford City Council Youth/Pre-Production grant together with the support of co-producers Garter Lane Arts Centre.

Tickets are €12 or €10 con and are available now from Garter Lane!

(If I've posted this in the wrong place or I shouldn't have, feel free to delete! Just trying to spread the word!)

Advertisement