Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Tropical Tank Questions

Options
  • 18-08-2011 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭

First off, sorry if this has all been answered before, I had a quick search and couldn't find all the answers I was after.

I was all set to get a small tank and some goldfish, but I've been thinking about going for a freshwater tropical tank instead - something along the lines of the Elite Style 35 here. because I really don't have the space for a full stand and aquarium set up. Would this be ok to house a few small fish? What could I reasonably expect to be able to keep without harming the fish in a small tank like that? And any recommendations on what to get? A community would be nice, but with a tank that small I know I wouldn't get a lot of variety so any suggestions are more than welcome.

Also, where would be best to buy the tank and fish? I'm in South Dublin, near Dun Laoghaire/Blackrock.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

if you are going to spending that kind of money you could pick up something much better than that. You wont get much bang for buck with that

some pet shops have them on display. have a look at the fish they have in it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Where would I get a better deal? I don't think much bigger than that would really suit, so could I get the same thing or similar for less elsewhere? I've had a look around in Fish Antics and a couple of smaller pet shops but found little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

contact Aquarium solutions and get a smaller tank

http://www.aquariumsolutions.ie/Clearsel_Aquariums/130/

the wall mounted tanks are very expensive and not as exciting as you think

• Registered Users Posts: 24,196 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Guppies are great for a smaller tank, really colourful!

Advertisement