Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You're flying low.

Options
  • 18-08-2011 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭

Do you tell strangers if you notice their flies are undone?

On the walk to work this morning I saw a bloke with the zip open but I never passed comment. I usually do comment but as this was in the street rather then in a pub it just didn't feel right to say anything.

Have I become so afraid of being labeled a pervy crotch watcher that I'll let other men walk around in public in a state of embarrising undress?
    I hope not. In future I shall not flinch at the sight of a gaping trouser hole but shall resolutly (and descretly) bring it to his attention.
    unless he is actually a woman with an open fly in her trousers! :eek: Now what the hell do you do in that circumstance?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

Their problem, not mine. I never saw anything.

"Why were you looking at my crotch, ghey boy?"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

It's always a very delicate situation. Food on teeth, a missed shaving nick, snot in nose, fly hanging down, shoelace undone etc - Do you tell them and risk their offence/embarrassment or not tell them?

My general rule is Friends - tell. Others - ignore. Last thing I need is aggro for being a crotch watcher or be called pervy because I noticed these things on a complete stranger. Best to let them head off on their way :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Alopex

Similar enough but with a woman. In a pub a very hot slim blonde tucked her tiny skirt into the back of her thong. So her bare round arse was sticking out. She was oblivious.

I had to decide if doing the morally correct thing and telling her was worth her fixing it.

Decided to tell her in the hopes it might lead to her looking upon me favourably.

Didn't score her so sorry to all the other lads in the pub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Its happened a few times that I've noticed an unzipped or unbuttoned fly, and I've just said it bluntly that they'd forgotten to do the fly. Its only polite to let people know before they embarrass themselves.

I'd do the same for the whole dangly booger, lipstick on the teeth or skirt/knickers malfunction.

I once pulled a womans skirt down before she headed across a restaurant, and she was very grateful. To say it first would have cost a couple of embarrassing seconds, and worse, she would have turned around to face me, giving the full eyeful to the tables.

So its only nice to alert people. But if you really dislike them. leave 'em to it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

I wonder does any else experience 'Fly Anxiety' when walking down the corridors at work and an attractive female is approaching?

You can either sweat it out until she has passed or manually check and risk becoming 'that guy who fiddles with his crotch every time he sees me'

Tough call....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Flyer28 wrote: »
    I wonder does any else experience 'Fly Anxiety' when walking down the corridors at work and an attractive female is approaching?

You can either sweat it out until she has passed or manually check and risk becoming 'that guy who fiddles with his crotch every time he sees me'

Tough call....

If she's looking, then she is the pervert.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I've said it to guys I work with, not strangers.

I did once have the bizarre situation of being in a meeting in a round robin group where the guy opposite meet had a rip in his crotch with his red satin boxers poking through, and said nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Stheno wrote: »
    I've said it to guys I work with, not strangers.

I did once have the bizarre situation of being in a meeting in a round robin group where the guy opposite meet had a rip in his crotch with his red satin boxers poking through, and said nothing!

Dirty perv staring at a man's crotch like that :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Dirty perv staring at a man's crotch like that :P

I'll admit, I LOL'd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Jimmy Magee

They have developed buttoned trousers now you know.

I find it harder to tell when the buttons are open so I have to keep my eyes fixated on my friend's crotch area for a more significant length of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

They have developed buttoned trousers now you know.
    ?
    Am I missing a joke here or are you being serious?

OldGoat wrote: »
    ?
    Am I missing a joke here or are you being serious?

You must be. Did you not know you can buy jeans and trousers with buttons now?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

You must be. Did you not know you can buy jeans and trousers with buttons now?
    It's was the 'now' bit of your comment that I got snagged on. Button flies have been around for a very very long time. :)

Oh. I think they were developed to stop cutting the foreskin. Ouch!

What it must be like to get a circumcised penis caught in a zip, one will never know, hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Oh. I think they were developed to stop cutting the foreskin. Ouch!

What it must be like to get a circumcised penis caught in a zip, one will never know, hopefully.

Um, buttons have been used a lot longer than zips.

By a few hundred years...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Aviation terminology is by far the most accurate way of telling someone how low they are flying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

The door to the cockpit is open?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I've often wondered do flies come down by themselves, or do I just occasionally forget?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Have you never owned a pair of pants with a self-lowering fly?

Coz I have.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I just leave mine open, it means I'm pretty much ready for anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

If she's looking, then she is the pervert.

There's some lovely perverts though....

Advertisement