Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alice Cooper?

Options
  • 18-08-2011 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

May I begin with "we are not worthy". :D Who is a fan around here? Have you seen many of his shows?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,167 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

saw him in june supporting def leppard. great entertainter and great singer.

IM NOT WORTHY

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

I knew very little of his music for ages, just the likes of Poison, and School's Out. I recently got Killer and it's an amazing album. Need to get more of his stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Massive fan.
    Have seen him 6 times since the gig in The Point in 91 and to be honest the last gig in the O2 was the best I have seen him yet. Like a fine wine....

Love It To Death is my favourite album in 1971 he was way ahead of his time, other recommendations would be Welcome To My Nightmare, Billion Dollar Babies, Flush The Fashion and Dada. He did release some muck albums in the 80's but in fairness you would expect a couple of bad ones with the amount he has released

Looking forward to Welcome 2 My Nightmare being released and hopefully he will return here soon based on the reception he got at the O2 gig

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Big fan as well. His 70's work is excellent and really stood the test of time imho. The 80's were pretty meh save for Trash in 1989.

The 90's to now has been a mix of meh to very good and everything inbetween. :D

Great live performer though, and well worth the time to go and see even at this stage in his career.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Huge fan of the Coop here, especially love the classic era band stuff from the 70s. I have a copy of School's Out on vinyl in the sleeve that folded out like a school desk (unfortunately not the edition that wrapped the LP in a pair of women's panties though :D ).

Saw him live earlier this year with Def Leppard and a few years ago in Vicar St (!). Excellent live performer still. Here's a pic I got at the recent gig:

IMG_1414.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72,425 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Got my ticket for Manchester the day before Halloween, can't wait!

His radio show's good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 roughie

For me Alice Cooper is one of the few artists from his generation that is still able to do awesome live shows. I saw him a couple of years ago and the show was great.
    I also think that in the most of his albums there are at least a few good songs and this is hard to be said for many artists with such a big discography. My personal favourite record of his is Love It to Death.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I used love the radio show he presented that used to be on Today FM for a while!:D

Advertisement