Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is stage hypnosis regulated in Ireland?

Options
  • 18-08-2011 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering is stage hypnosis regulated in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

No it isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

So any person can do it without training and endanger the public?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

Yes. In fact, if you are trained as a hypnotherapist and are a member of one of its reputable accrediting bodies then you are disallowed from doing stage hypnosis as a condition of membership.

Personally I don't think there is much endanger to the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Sounds dangerous to me!
    Imagine everyone walking into a scientology test and thinking "well, theres no harm, its only a little test/questionaire".
    Some things should be regulated or else people should be highly educated about it, so it doesnt become abused some day.
    The difference to me between a scientology introduction and the average stage show is intent and i suppose means of delivery,if you want to get picky.
    Just the first example that came to mind.

But i still feel if the stage show is performed by a person with the same abilities in changing perceptions as a scientologist for an easy example, then they should be regulated as it is possible, one day intent will cause an issue.
    Maybe unlikely in large groups of people i admit.

Advertisement