Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

City View Car Sales - Friarstown

Options
  • 18-08-2011 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I'm considering buying a used car from this garage. Has anyone had any dealings with them? First time buying a relatively new car (3 years old) and a little nervous.

Can't find any negative reports about them online but they've been around a few years now under the same name.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 imdonlymoo

Hey, you probably already bought this car but I had an experience with these guys earlier on in the year actually. I nearly bought a car from them! I had put €100 deposit off a 2004 Peugeot 206 and had a mechanic check it out for me and everything. The guy in City View had arranged to deliver the car to my house and all which was great because I hadnt got my first insurance yet and couldnt really drive (not much better now :) )...Anyway at the last minute I actually ended up buying a cheaper car from my cousin to use as my starter car and when I phoned the lad in City View he didnt sound too happy which is fair enough but I have to say I expected to lose my €100 and at first he said that I would but he called me back later that same day and said to drop over for it anytime which I did...
    So long story short the car seemed to be ok and my mechanic said it was and they gave me one of them history reports for it also which confirmed the mileage (although I didnt really understand what he was showing me there lol) and the guys themelves seemed to be quite sound and fair I suppose - anyway just thought I would let you know, hope the info helps

• Registered Users Posts: 41 sarahc1

I bought a cheap (€1,200) car from them about 2 months ago, and 3,000 miles later, have had no problems at all with the car.
    They have a full garage on-site, and seem to have a mix of cars in for a service etc., and cars for sale in the yard.
    Were up front and honest at any faults that the cars had, allowed decent long test drives and each car was serviced before sale.
    From my experience I would recommend them anyway.

Advertisement