Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'FRACKING' conspiracy

Options
  • 17-08-2011 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭

What do people think of this?
    Fracking' is a term that not everyone may be aware of. It is used to describe a method of shale gas extraction known as Hydraulic Fracturing. Unfortunately it is a term we are very likely to hear a lot more about in the coming months and years.
    The dangers that this procedure poses to the environment, to water quality and to human safety is well documented worldwide. France has recently banned the use of fracking as have a number of regions in the United States. In Lancashire in England, fracking has been halted in recent weeks following a series of earthquakes that occurred and are believed to be linked to the recent exploration activity using this method in that region.

In the dying days of the Fianna Fáil led administration back in February of this year, one of their final acts was to award licences to a number of companies to explore for commercial gas in the Northwest Carboniferous Basin (more commonly known as the Lough Allen basin) and the Clare basin. The Lough Allen Basin is a huge area that covers parts of counties Cavan, Donegal, Fermanagh, Leitrim, Mayo, Monaghan, Roscommon, Sligo and Tyrone. It covers an area of 8000 square kilometres in total. The Clare basin encompasses parts of Counties Clare, Cork, Kerry and Limerick.

The Consequences:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur9ZAuJm418

The 'Conspiracy':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2Nc-kxWfmc

The Song (informative!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=timfvNgr_Q4

This is a pending issue. Please discuss...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Obelisk

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'm not able to watch youtube videos at the moment. Waht's the conspiracy? Would this not be more suited to AH, to raise awareness of the issue?

humanji wrote: »
    Waht's the conspiracy?

The conspiracy here is seemingly scientific in nature.

As I apparently know little or nothing of science, I will leave it up to one of you fine chaps to discern what the treath is for all of us?

Thanks in advance :cool:

Is there a conspiracy, or is it just that the dangers of fracking are disputed? If there's no conspiracy, there's no point in having the thread in here. As I said, AH is a better place to raise awareness.

I disagree.

There are conspiratorial factors involved if you care to do the research.

• Advertisement

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement