Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlesland stray dog

Options
  • 17-08-2011 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi everyone,

Has anyone noticed the poor stray dog lost and wandering around Charlesland the last 10 days?
    Tan with white paws, wiry hair and very friendly.
    Constantly trying to play or get attention from walkers and other dogs.
    I have put him up on the Lost Dogs websites but no calls yet.

http://www.lostdogs.ie/found-dogs/

He is very friendly and it is heart breaking to see a homeless dog lost and wandering at the mercy of good people.
    It is not his fault he is abandoned.
    I was out for dinner tonight and brought back a 'doggie bag' to feed him but cannot take him in as I live in an apt with my 5 year old girl and have no garden.
    Our dog - Dougal was also lost last Dec and we constantly live in hope he will return one day.
    This dog just brings back the hope if our dog is still alive and lost that kind people may take care of him rather then see him as a nuisance.
    What can we do to take care of him rather then see him neglected and alone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

what a fab little fella... hopefully he finds a new home soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Have you reported him to the warden and the Guards and have you had him scanned for a chip?

Have you tried local vets to see if anyone knows him, put up posters in local shops etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

I've family in Wicklow and we've always been wary of contacting that particular pound when we've found strays - its got a pretty bad name for pts. Maybe things have improved but that is just my experience

Maybe you could contact some rescues to see if they could help. There's a list on irishanimals.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Would it be possible to bring it to a local vet to see if it is chipped. It may be lost. If it's abandoned I would try and organise a place at a shelter.

Advertisement