Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

captain morgans quick question

Options
  • 17-08-2011 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭

whats the difference between orginal spice and orginal spice gold??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Same drink, different labels.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭emmet the rover

lovely drink tryd it for the first time last week. seems to be growing in popularity.
    i saw a darker version today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,135 ✭✭✭shanec1928

try it with 7 up.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭mactheknife19

try it with Fanta Orange (with ice). Its like a Super Split ice cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

same drink. If you can you should try the dark rum, not as sweet but smoother on the palate with a molasses flavour.
    I recommend if you are ever in north america or asia bring back a bottle of captain's private stock, all other spiced/gold/dark rums pale in comparison. Comes in a cool bottle too.

Also Sailor Jerry is better than original Captain Morgan spiced but it can't be got here as far as i know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭LaBaguette

Uncle_moe wrote: »
    Also Sailor Jerry is better than original Captain Morgan spiced but it can't be got here as far as i know.

I've seen a few adds and, if memory serve, one event in Grafton a few months ago where they handed out stuff branded with the Sailor Jerry logo.

I'm also pretty sure they have it in the new Fibbers on the Quays, not sure about the old one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭emmet the rover

same drink. If you can you should try the dark rum, not as sweet but smoother on the palate with a molasses flavour.
    I recommend if you are ever in north america or asia bring back a bottle of captain's private stock, all other spiced/gold/dark rums pale in comparison. Comes in a cool bottle too.

the celtic whiskey shop off stephens green (the road leinster house is on) sell it
    http://www.celticwhiskeyshop.com/Other_Spirits__drinks/Rum/A_to_z_of_Rum-category-24-distillery-27-z-distillery.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭fabsoul

yes it can be got in dublin I got it a few times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Both fibbers on parnell st and the quays have it, they'll sell ya a bottle for a lil under 20 aswell as far as I can remember

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

or here http://www.drinkstore.ie/store/search.asp

seems very expensive though

• Advertisement
Advertisement