Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Travel Agent for small company in Dublin

Options
  • 17-08-2011 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good travel agency in Dublin for a small business. We make around 8-10 trips a year to African and to European destinations.

At the moment we'd like to change our travel company. Ideally we'd like one that also provides a visa service.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

would it not be easier cheaper to do it all yourself.

its not that hard to organise flights - contact an airline and join a frequent flyer programme (so you can get discounts).

contact embassy about visa's (I assume you know how to get a visa if you are doing 8-10 trips a year)

failing that ...trailfinders, ebookers or someone like that should be able to organise packages for you - but you will be paying extra for the luxury of them booking everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

PCPhoto wrote: »
    would it not be easier cheaper to do it all yourself.

A good travel agent has direct access to contacts in the airlines and can smooth out last-minute changes etc. in a way folks organising their own itineraries simply cannot. They can also provisionally secure a seat if travel may be necessary but is not yet confirmed.

As mentioned above, Trailfinders have a business & visa section which may be what you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Blogschief

Whatever you do, don't use CAPITAL PROPERTY based on Howth Road in Clontarf.<mod snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭cyberspider

A good travel agent has direct access to contacts in the airlines and can smooth out last-minute changes etc.

I travel an awful lot with work mostly to Africa and the Middle East and have found it alot easier to manage my own booking especially with last minute changes. We have a corporate travel agent and when I have booked trips through them it is ALOT harder to make last minute changes.

When booking are through the travel agent the Airlines usually pushed you back to the travel agent to get them to make the changes. This is always a pain at weekends and out of hours, when you usually need to make the changes.

That being said Travel agents are very useful when you need to hold bookings for a number of days or when you dont have tiem to make your own arrangements.

In terms of agencies you can try:

www.carlsonwagonlit.com
    www.hrgworldwide.com (Club Travel)

Advertisement