Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TRIBE RADIO: Wednesdays @ 9PM on 106.4FM with Executive Steve & Bonz

Options
  • 17-08-2011 7:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭

elisofon-eliot-bushongo-tribe-belgian-congo.jpg

Never really bothered spamming the radio shows in here over the years for some reason, but sure I think it's about time I started so brace yourselves for weekly updates. Back the last three weeks, have taken back the reins from my good friend Nick fury of Dublin's Spectrum crew and will be back on air every Wednesday again from now on, with a few slight changes:

Pleased to announce that from now on Bonz will be appearing a lot more regularly on Executive Radio, to the extent that from now on we're going to be calling it something else entirely, probably "Tribe Radio" or Ancients Way-dio" or "Greene & Browne's Organic Drum & Bass Hour" or "G 'n B D 'n B" or something equally ridiculous that won't matter a jot since the show has been called An Fuaim since Rohan was doing it and noone's bothered to write up a new blurb for the Raidio na Life website / broadcast schedule since the days you could smoke in clubs.

We'll still be getting guests up on the regular (for 30 minute slots rather than 45 minute slots now obviously) and we'll still be keeping the records fresh, the quality levels high, the styles diverse, the Irish questionable, the shoutouts frequent, the pop-cultural references topical and the spam threads mildly amusing though, so those of you who hate change in any form should chill the **** out because realistically this means at least there's going to be at least one person up in the studio between 9pm and 10:30 who can actually mix two records together without sounding like Stockhausen ****ing kettledrums down a flight of metal stairs.

Any of you people don't know who Bonz (known in some circles as "The Ginger Ninja") is, you should be ****ing ashamed of yourselves, here's an interview and a tasty mix to help you catch up:

http://subbase.wordpress.com/2011/07/26/dj-stands-for-dayjob-02-bonz-2/

HOT::: 2011 Rose of Tralee coming up in a few short weeks! Second season of Fade Street announced, like Ireland's version of The Wire but with hotter characters. Jungle Boogie doing an all-Ireland Jungle roadshow, I can smell the Buckfast and the Patchouli already, see you at the launch party! Hannah Devane - the future of Irish Modelling. Daithi O'Sé. Ras Mokko's Salt Mackerel Fritters @ http://www.raskitchen.com/

NOT::: Beatnik getting rid of her decks, the weather, realising that even if i sell most of these records i'm selling i'll still have a hard core of a few dozen tunes that literally NOONE will ever want, Micheal ui Muircheartaigh and his bid for the Aras - is Ireland really ready for a GAA president? Cici Kavanagh getting glassed in the POD. Festivals / Promoters who "book" people to play on condition they sell 50 tickets in advance, you're *****.

As always, we welcome demos, we welcome anyone who wants to stall up and have a wee bit of a mix on air, just chuck us a link to a 30 minute mix on Soundcloud or Mixcloud or whatever. Strictly 160bpm + over though, and please try to keep it fresh.

As always you can stay tuned for more DnB on Quality Mark's ESP show afterwards. Those of you who can't tune in on Wednesdays will be pleased to know that our repeat broadcast is now going out at the slightly later time of 4am on a Saturday night, meaning that if you're stuck in a **** session in some randomers gaff you can **** their Dave Pearce CD out of the ould fuinneog and tune in to something fast enough for your dinner plate sized eyes to still widen at.

Anyone looking for requests, tune ID's, shout outs or rewinds can either bump one of the threads on Boards.ie, Emireland.com or Irishdrumandbass.com, or you can send a text to the Studio phone at 086 600 1064. If neither of those suits you can hit me up on Facebook or Twitter @executivesteve

Those of you unfortunate enough to not be able to tune in on a good old fashioned transistor radio can use the following link to a live stream http://azul.streamguys.com/rnl106 but be warned it's a little temperamental.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Nice to have you back man!

Although Mr Fury did a great job i missed the Executive touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Thanks man, delighted to be back in the saddle I must say!

Keep an eye out for the Ancient Ways podcast series coming soon as well!

not long to go now kids, get your cans cold and your speakers hot... remember: we like our records the way we like our women - made in the 90's and pitched up to bejaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

tuned in man, some wicked tunes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

nice1 for the shout out, love the track playin now too, top top tune!!!

• Advertisement

es-cee wrote: »
    nice1 for the shout out, love the track playin now too, top top tune!!!

Big up man, thanks for tuning in, glad you enjoyed!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

not long to go now kids, get your cans cold and your speakers hot... remember: we like our records the way we like our women - made in the 90's and pitched up to bejaysus

Glad you didnt stick with the tribal theme & say you like you women like in the pic above:eek:

Advertisement