Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

electric gates

Options
  • 17-08-2011 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hello i am currently in the process of erecting a wall and piers outside my house and thus considering installing electric gates. As a consequence i would love some practical information about electric gates i.e wiring required,best recommended systems, and pricing etc. Living in the Cork area. Also if possible details of the price of stainless steel framed timber gates. Many thanks in advance.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭dev100

rebelden wrote: »
    Hello i am currently in the process of erecting a wall and piers outside my house and thus considering installing electric gates. As a consequence i would love some practical information about electric gates i.e wiring required,best recommended systems, and pricing etc. Living in the Cork area. Also if possible details of the price of stainless steel framed timber gates. Many thanks in advance.

Your best bet is to put this thread in the DIY section or electrical for the sparks end of it. Stainless gates? Now that will be expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Irish Fire

I presume you mean Galvanised? Stainless frames? cost you a small fortune. You will need mains power and multi core pollyPolly from the house to the point where the controller. If you install this yuorself you will save on installation costs, although I would talk to your installer for their exact requirements.

If you look in the security section you will find an installer near your area. Ask what kit they are using and google the make etc.... Lot of crap being installed out there.....

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nophd08

rebelden wrote: »

Google K scroll, They supply an auto system called Allmatic, Italian I think. Any competent electrician will fit it. Get builder to install underground boxes, and make sure both are PERFECTLY level and at SAME height, + or - 2mm. Any fabricator will make your gates.
    Auto gate kit..800ish
    Gates.. 110 per ft Approx
    Electric installation 2-300
    Job Done..

Advertisement