Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom downgrade fee

Options
  • 16-08-2011 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but need to vent on my experiences with Eircom and their Broadband packages.

we were trying to reduce our bill for broadband which was over €65 a month and rang and asked to be put on a lower speed which would equate to about €50 per month and we agreed to this, the agent on the phone advised that if we signed another contract for 12 months we would get the first 3 months half price which we declined as I do not want another contract as I may have to move abroad at some stage for job opportunities.

Anyway 3 weeks later and we get the bill, Is it €50 euro? €65? , No the bill we got from Eircom for the lower speed package is €104!!. I checked the bill and found we were charged a "downgrade fee" of €21 twice on 2 seperate dates.. We were never advised of a Downgrade fee (what the feck?) and why was it charged twice.

So I rang eircom and after 3 times the call just been hung up I got through to an agent and asked her what is this charge and why were we charged twice?, she said there is a downgrade fee and I should have been advised, I told her that I was not advised of this fee and when I asked why it was charged twice, she did not know and said I would have to call customer care during office hours to contest the charge, I said this is customer care as this is the number that was on the bill and she advised that no infact that she was billing enquiries.. It was a bill enquiry but she could do nothing but put me on hold and returned and said that her supervisor advised her that they can waive the €42 charge if i sign a 12 month contract!

I was stunned at this, they cannot query the charge but if they rope me into another 12 month contract they will waive the fees??, I advise that this was their problem and I do not need to or want to sign another contract and that this is very unfair. She said she cannot do anything and ring back tomorrow during office hours.

I am at my wits end with this company, It has been one thing after another with them and seem to try screw you every opportunity they get. I really wish I could get UPC here as it is a much better deal plus the TV.

Lets see what tomorrow brings but no way am I paying that bill..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Moved to eircom forum. You may get an answer here as to why you were charged a fee, and charged twice at that. Downgrades normally come with a fee, but you should have been told that when you requested it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

SNNUS wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but need to vent on my experiences with Eircom and their Broadband packages.

we were trying to reduce our bill for broadband which was over €65 a month and rang and asked to be put on a lower speed which would equate to about €50 per month and we agreed to this, the agent on the phone advised that if we signed another contract for 12 months we would get the first 3 months half price which we declined as I do not want another contract as I may have to move abroad at some stage for job opportunities.

Anyway 3 weeks later and we get the bill, Is it €50 euro? €65? , No the bill we got from Eircom for the lower speed package is €104!!. I checked the bill and found we were charged a "downgrade fee" of €21 twice on 2 seperate dates.. We were never advised of a Downgrade fee (what the feck?) and why was it charged twice.

So I rang eircom and after 3 times the call just been hung up I got through to an agent and asked her what is this charge and why were we charged twice?, she said there is a downgrade fee and I should have been advised, I told her that I was not advised of this fee and when I asked why it was charged twice, she did not know and said I would have to call customer care during office hours to contest the charge, I said this is customer care as this is the number that was on the bill and she advised that no infact that she was billing enquiries.. It was a bill enquiry but she could do nothing but put me on hold and returned and said that her supervisor advised her that they can waive the €42 charge if i sign a 12 month contract!

I was stunned at this, they cannot query the charge but if they rope me into another 12 month contract they will waive the fees??, I advise that this was their problem and I do not need to or want to sign another contract and that this is very unfair. She said she cannot do anything and ring back tomorrow during office hours.

I am at my wits end with this company, It has been one thing after another with them and seem to try screw you every opportunity they get. I really wish I could get UPC here as it is a much better deal plus the TV.

Lets see what tomorrow brings but no way am I paying that bill..

Hi SNNUS,

Please let me know if you followed this up again with Customer Care. If you want to PM your eircom Account Number, or home phone, I can investigate your billing query.

Kind regards,
    Ant

Advertisement