Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lollipop Chainsaw - Suda 51 and James Gunn

Options
  • 16-08-2011 8:04pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,209 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Suda 51 is great.

James Gunn is great: everyone should watch Super and Slither - two genuinely funny and pitch-black comedies in these profoundly unfunny times.

And the title, I think we can all agree, is great.

All these things are great. Together they should be really great. But the first trailer does much to quell my good-natured optimism. Perhaps this will embrace its sleazy exploitation inspirations with a sense of humour and parody, but this brief video doesn't fill me with confidence. Awful (as in not funny) one-liners and hyper-sexualisation that makes Bayonetta seem positively progressive in comparison. Plus, zombies. Why the **** are there so many games about zombies?

Anyway, given the talent involved, I remain cautiously optimistic, but they better have some kickass gameplay to make up for this.

Oh, the trailer? Here!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,855 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

That makes me... Not interested... I really hope that they're saving the good clips for nearer the release, because if that is anything to go by, i'll pick it up mid next year when there's nothing else to get and it's €5.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

just seen this :pac: must buy at launch!!! suda51 you are indeed some twisted people!!!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Everyone seems to be fawning over this but i dont really see any appeal in it. Looks like a trailer for a mediocre game to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Only heard about this one last night, and I think it looks fantastic. I like a little off-the-wall in my games, so this will suit me down to the ground. Looking forward to seeing some gameplay for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

As long as the gameplay's fantastic then I don't really have a problem with a one-dimentional main character whose only appeal is sex appeal. It worked for Bayonetta!

As long as the gameplay's fantastic then I don't really have a problem with a one-dimentional main character whose only appeal is sex appeal. It worked for Bayonetta!

Bayonetta was actually the first thing that I thought of when I saw this trailer. Yeah, plots, storylines, and amazingly deep and well-written characters are not really needed if the action is good enough. I love a good braindead action game.

A little gameplay here. One of the boys talks us through the demo of the game.
    http://uk.gamespot.com/events/pax2011/video.html?sid=6331559&pid=637316

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

It actually looks pretty good, not disappointed with that gameplay at all. Seems like there's lots of different combos to pull off.

It doesn't look as gorey as I first expected, but it certainly looks like a whole lot of fun! Not enough games these days are aimed towards simply being great craic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

deathrider wrote: »
    It doesn't look as gorey as I first expected, but it certainly looks like a whole lot of fun! Not enough games these days are aimed towards simply being great craic.

Plus cheerleaders hubba hubba ;)

Plus cheerleaders hubba hubba ;)

I thought that would go without saying... But it's well worth saying, lol.

Advertisement